Hemingway’s personal documents to be digitisedFebruary 15th, 2009 - 10:34 am ICT by IANS
Havana, Feb 15 (Prensa Latina) Author Ernest Hemingway’s personal documents, including letters and postcards that were preserved in his home in Cuba, are being digitised here.
Ada Rosa Alfonso Rosales, director of the Hemingway museum, told Cuban newspaper Juventud Rebelde that about 3,194 pages have so far been digitised. Hemingway’s home is in Vigia farm in San Francisco de Paula.
Most of the information is unpublished and the restoration and digitalisation had started in 2003 through an accord between the US Social Sciences Researcher Council and Cuba’s National Heritage Council.
The US organisation provided the equipment and experts from the Hemingway Museum and the National Center for Restoration, Conservation, and Museology repaired each document, before digitisation.
Hemingway, a Nobel laureate in literature, authored books like “The Old Man and the Sea”, “A Farewell to Arms” and “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”.
He lived in Cuba from 1939 to 1960.
- US forced Hemingway to leave Cuba: Report - Aug 04, 2009
- Cuba, US to preserve Hemingway documents together - Jan 22, 2010
- Cuba celebrates 50th anniversary of Hemingway-Castro meet - May 15, 2010
- Andy Garcia lines up financing for Hemingway film - May 17, 2012
- Andy Garcia to direct film about Hemingway - Mar 05, 2012
- 2 million Cuban students get trained in arts - Jan 18, 2012
- Ernest Hemingways WWII coded exploits to go online - Jan 02, 2009
- Hemingway's works to be available in digital form - Dec 31, 2008
- Museum study, conservation - new-age career options - Sep 17, 2011
- Mozart's unpublished piano piece found - Mar 03, 2012
- Butler's memoirs offer peek into Hemingway's private life (IANS Books) - Mar 07, 2010
- Cuba calls for global cooperation to end hunger - Mar 09, 2010
- Cuban lab makes medicine from banana peel - Apr 28, 2012
- Cuba develops mathematical models to fight dengue - Mar 24, 2012
- Cuba expands phone connections - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: ada, author ernest hemingway, digitisation, ernest hemingway, farewell to arms, havana, hemingway museum, heritage council, museology, national heritage, nobel laureate, old man and the sea, personal documents, postcards, rebelde, researcher, san francisco de paula, snows of kilimanjaro, social sciences, us organisation