Helicopter crashes during Air Force celebrations in EcuadorOctober 28th, 2009 - 12:31 pm ICT by IANS
Quito, Oct 28 (DPA) An Ecuadorian Air Force helicopter crashed Tuesday as it flew near Quito air base during celebrations to mark the 89th anniversary of the service, Ecuadorian media reported.
Two Air Force officers were on board, but they reportedly managed to leave the aircraft by themselves after the crash before being taken to Quito’s Military Hospital.
The helicopter, an Indian-made Dhruv, had been bought this year.
According to media reports, three helicopters were flying around the base at the time of the accident.
The troubled aircraft apparently swung 90 degrees and was unable to regain its position. That reportedly caused the crash onto the runway.
Ecuadorian Vice President Lenin Moreno, among other personalities, was attending the show.
The authorities launched a probe into the causes of the crash.
- Hindustan Aeronautics to help Ecuador probe Dhruv crash - Oct 30, 2009
- Four military personnel dead in helicopter crash in northeast India - Apr 22, 2011
- Raipur airport cleared of crashed copter - Jan 16, 2012
- Ecuador nominates Lenin for Nobel Prize - Feb 04, 2012
- India rushes team to Ecuador to probe Dhruv chopper crash - Oct 30, 2009
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012
- Military helicopter crashes in northern Colombia, killing 13 - May 01, 2012
- Surya Kiran aerobatics team to take to skies again - Oct 08, 2011
- Six Ecuadorian soldiers killed in plane crash - Jan 07, 2010
- Indian Army chopper goes missing in Sikkim (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Five dead in Brazil air force plane crash - Aug 03, 2011
- Helicopter crashes in eastern Romania, killing 5 Ukrainians - Apr 27, 2012
- Chinese plane flies from Japan without permission - Nov 30, 2011
- Antony contradicts air force chief on plane crashes - Dec 12, 2011
- Eight killed in Brazil chopper crash - May 09, 2012