Helen Mirren learning Hebrew for new roleFebruary 27th, 2009 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 27 (IANS) Oscar winning actress Helen Mirren, determined to perfect her role as a Jewish secret agent in the forthcoming movie “The Debt”, is reportedly taking Hebrew lessons.
The 63-year-old British star, currently in Israel filming for the movie, plays a Mossad spy searching for a Nazi war criminal in the film.
In order to do the justice to the character, Mirren has been learning all about Jewish history, reports contactmusic.com.
“Helen has spent the past six weeks reading up the history of Israel, Mossad and the life and times of Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal and she’s learning Hebrew too. She’s really taking this (role) seriously and is totally immersed into the way of life over there,” said a source.
- Helen Mirren learning Hebrew to perfect Mossad spy role - Feb 27, 2009
- Helen Mirren says that her 'Best Body' title was rigged - Aug 31, 2011
- Israel asks Germany to act against fugitive Nazi criminal - Aug 26, 2010
- Helen Mirren terrified about royal role - Jun 10, 2012
- Queen has a charming persona: Mirren - Jun 11, 2012
- Former Hitler aide, 97, signed 'start order' for mass execution of Jews - Dec 09, 2010
- Nazi parade by Thai students triggers row - Sep 28, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson to play Janet Leigh - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Arthur' - funny, but let down on original - May 14, 2011
- Both Charlize Theron, Keira Knightley set to play Princess Diana - Oct 20, 2010
- Amanda Seyfried might star in 'Les Miserables' - Jan 05, 2012
- Quentin Tarantino 'wants Helen Mirren to play foul-mouthed Queen' - Jan 21, 2010
- Dominic Cooper tried to woo Helen Mirren - Jul 26, 2011
- Russell Brand locks lips with Dame Helen Mirren - Mar 30, 2011
- 'Arthur' director intimidated by Helen Mirren - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: actress, british star, hebrew lessons, helen mirren, history of israel, history reports, israel, israel mossad, jewish history, learning hebrew, london feb, mossad spy, nazi hunter simon wiesenthal, nazi war, six weeks, way of life