Hate preacher Abu Hamza’s sons involved in luxury car scamApril 9th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 9 (ANI): Radical Islamist preacher Abu Hamza’s three sons face prison over a one million pound luxury car racket.
Hamza’s sons Hamza Kamel, 22, and Mohamed Mostafa, 27, ran the fraud with stepson Mohssin Ghailam, 28, and three others.
The trio masterminded a scam in which expensive makes such as Mercedes, BMWs and Range Rovers were targeted.
They spotted motors left in long-stay car parks and sent off their registrations to the DVLA, claiming to be owners who had moved house, The Sun reported.
Armed with new logbooks they got duplicate keys from dealers, London’s Southwark Crown Court was told. Then they stole the cars.
Kamel and Mostafa, of Acton, West London, between them admitted handling stolen goods, laundering cash and fraud. Ghailam, of Shepherd’s Bush, admitted fraud. The case was adjourned for reports.
Mostafa has previously been in jail in Yemen over a plot to bomb tourists. A source said: “There is no evidence cash was spent on terrorism. They just used it to party.”
Hamza, 50, who preached race hate at a London mosque, is serving seven years for soliciting murder. (ANI)
- Hate cleric Hamza's three sons in one million pound car scam - May 28, 2009
- BMW Drivers are Named the UK's Angriest Motorists - Oct 16, 2010
- Chelsea owner Abramovich's wealth declaration reveals his billions from business - Feb 17, 2011
- Indian man faces deportation from Britain - Mar 09, 2012
- Two found guilty of Olympic money-laundering - Apr 24, 2012
- Seething Hamza forced back into jail cell in UK - Jan 13, 2011
- eBay seller prosecuted for bidding in own auctions escapes being jailed - Jul 06, 2010
- UK's angriest motorists drive BMWs - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian-origin dentist used dead man's disabled badge on car - Oct 01, 2010
- It's raining VVIPs, celebrities at Mohali - Mar 30, 2011
- Brit hate preacher Abu Hamza's house seized - Feb 09, 2010
- Jailed terrorist rants on extremist website - Aug 26, 2010
- Evil UK culture responsible for Asian sex gang attacks: Hate preacher - Jan 17, 2011
- Hamza was invited as a special "attraction" to a terror training camp - May 01, 2009
- Nogales Mayor Octavio Garcia Von Borstel arrested on multiple charges - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: abu hamza, acton west, bmws, car parks, duplicate keys, dvla, handling stolen goods, kamel, logbooks, long stay, luxury car, mohamed mostafa, mosque, one million, preacher, range rovers, registrations, southwark crown court, stepson, west london