Harry to visit China to improve tense relationsSeptember 10th, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 10 (IANS) Prince Harry has reportedly been asked by the Foreign Office to visit China next year to help improve tense British relations with the country, the Daily Mail said.
His father Prince Charles has never visited China and a trip by the 27-year-old prince would aid attempts to build up friendship.
The visit would take place after Harry’s current four-month deployment to Afghanistan, where he is co-piloting an Apache helicopter gunship.
Tensions with China grew after a dialogue between Britain and the Dalai Lama, the daily said.
There was also friction after the murder in November of British businessman Neil Heywood by the wife of senior Chinese politician Bo Xilai.
The daily said the trip would also improve Harry’s image following the embarrassing release over the internet of his naked pictures in Las Vegas.
- Bogu Kailai sentenced to death with reprieve - Aug 20, 2012
- Chinese politician's wife charged with murdering Briton - Jul 26, 2012
- China vows to protect foreigners - Apr 21, 2012
- 'Sex-and-money' involved in Briton's death in China - Apr 15, 2012
- Chinese politician's wife held over murder - Apr 11, 2012
- China cracks down on rumours, removes 210,000 online posts (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- China cracks down on rumours, removes 210,000 online posts - Apr 12, 2012
- Chinese politician's wife probed over Briton's death (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Bo Xilai case: Police admit Neil Heywood murder 'cover-up' - Aug 10, 2012
- Bo Xilai's wife 'confessed' to killing British businessman - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,