Harper to replace Doctrove in Wellington TestMarch 31st, 2009 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, March 31 (IANS) Australian umpire Daryl Harper will replace West Indian Billy Doctrove for the third cricket Test between India and New Zealand starting Friday.
“Doctrove fell ill during the second Test in Napier and will not be standing in the final match of the series in Wellington. He will be replaced by Daryl Harper,” International Cricket Council (ICC) said in a statement Tuesday.
Doctrove was unable to resume his duties on the third day of the second Test because of a chest infection. New Zealand third umpire Evan Watkin replaced him in the middle and fourth umpire Chris Gaffeney became the television umpire.
Australian Simon Taufel is the other on-field umpire for the Wellington Test.
- Taufel, Gould to officiate in high-octane India-Pakistan semis - Mar 27, 2011
- ICC announces referees, umpires for WC quarter-final stage - Mar 21, 2011
- Watkin to replace Doctrove in Basin Reserve Test - Mar 31, 2009
- Davies, Dharmasena to officiate in World Cup opener - Feb 02, 2011
- Erasmus, Gould named on-field umpires for India-Australia clash - Mar 21, 2011
- Umpire Billy Doctrove is down with chest infection - Mar 28, 2009
- Umpires Dharamsena, Kettleborough promoted to Elite Panel - May 25, 2011
- Taufel, Dar to officiate in World Cup final - Mar 31, 2011
- Saheba, Tarapore to officiate in World Cup - Dec 12, 2010
- ICC honours umpire Aleem Dar on completing 150 ODIs - Jun 30, 2012
- Umpire Davis reaches 100 mark with India-Netherlands match - Mar 09, 2011
- India lose Tendulkar going to lunch at 189 for 4 (lead) - Mar 28, 2009
- Umpire Harper pulls out of India-West Indies Test - Jun 30, 2011
- Umpire, referee appointed for Sri Lanka series - Aug 12, 2009
- CA congratulates Paul Reiffel on Test umpiring debut - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: billy doctrove, chest infection, cricket test, field umpire, final match, harper international, India, international cricket council, napier, new zealand, second test, simon taufel, television, third day, watkin, wellington test