Hamilton tops first training in China GPApril 17th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, April 17 (DPA) Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton Friday topped the timesheets in the first practice for the Chinese Grand Prix motorsports.
The McLaren driver completed the fastest round of the 5.451-kilometre Shanghai circuit in 1:37.334 minutes, 0.116 seconds ahead of GP Brawn driver Jenson Button.
Button’s Brazilian teammate Rubens Barrichello came third, followed by McLaren’s Heikki Kovaleinen, indicating a closing gap between the two teams.
Earlier this week a Formula One court ruled diffusers improving downforce used by Brawn, Toyota and Williams legal, McLaren and other teams now may have to catch up to emulate the technology.
Hamilton’s performance was also good news for McLaren, as the world champion’s team was disqualified after the Australian GP for misleading race stewards.
Marc Webber in Red Bull came in fifth, followed by Toyota driver Jarno Trulli and Nico Rosberg in Williams.
Ferrari pilot Kimi Raikkonen was only 11th, his teammate Felipe Massa made 15th position.
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Button asks Hamilton to work jointly to make McLaren F1 champion - Jan 20, 2010
- Hamilton wins Hungarian GP as Webber closes gap on Button (Lead) - Jul 26, 2009
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Rosberg tops qualifying at Bahrain F1 GP - Apr 24, 2009
- Vettel wins from pole in Suzuka, opens title race - Oct 04, 2009
- Formula 1: Button gets pole again, Ferrari, McLaren lag behind - Apr 04, 2009
- Sensational pole for Force India's Fisichella in Spa - Aug 29, 2009
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Hamilton fastest in Chinese GP first practice - Apr 13, 2012
- Rosberg fastest in first practice for Turkish GP - Jun 05, 2009
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- Raikkonen wins Belgium GP, Force India get first points - Aug 30, 2009
- Maldonado tops second practice at wet Hockenheim - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: australian gp, brawn, button button, diffusers, downforce, driver jenson button, felipe massa, heikki, jarno trulli, jenson button, kimi raikkonen, lewis hamilton, mclaren driver, nico rosberg, rubens barrichello, shanghai circuit, stewards, timesheets, toyota driver, world champion