Hamid Ansari begins official visit to MyanmarFebruary 5th, 2009 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Yangon, Feb 5 (Xinhua) Indian Vice President M. Hamid Ansari arrived in Naypyidaw Thursday to begin his four-day official visit to Myanmar, official reports reaching here from the country’s new capital said.Ansari is expected to call on Chairman of the Myanmar State Peace and Development Council (SPDC) Senior-General Than Shwe and meet SPDC Vice-Chairman Maung Aye.
During Maung Aye’s New Delhi visit in April last year, three documents between the two governments were signed.
They include a framework agreement on the construction and operation of a multi-modal transit and transport facility on the Kaladan River connecting the Sittway Port in Myanmar with the Indian state of Mizoram; a memorandum of understanding on intelligence exchange to combat transnational crime including terrorism; and an agreement on avoidance of double taxation for investors from the two countries and prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
- Krishna lands in Myanmar capital - Jun 21, 2011
- Krishna leaves for Myanmar, to sign several agreements (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Krishna visiting Myanmar to engage civilian government - Jun 19, 2011
- Vice-President embarks on four-day visit to Myanmar - Feb 05, 2009
- Myanmar, India agree to realign strategic transit project - Jun 21, 2011
- Myanmar president meets UN chief - Apr 30, 2012
- Mizoram project to be trade gateway to southeast Asia - Aug 15, 2012
- Vice President Ansari arrives in Myanmar to strengthen bilateral ties - Feb 05, 2009
- Krishna goes to Myanmar to step up trade (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- India starts river project in Myanmar - Dec 20, 2010
- India, Myanmar to be better connected, have more trade (Fourth Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Ansari to go on a four-day visit to Myanmar to strengthen ties - Feb 04, 2009
- Myanmar: India rejects China rivalry, Sittwe port by 2013 - Oct 13, 2011
- Krishna wraps up Myanmar engagement; focus on capacity building (Roudnup) - Jun 22, 2011
- France, Myanmar hold talks - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: avoidance, double taxation, fiscal evasion, framework agreement, general than shwe, governments, hamid ansari, kaladan river, maung aye, memorandum of understanding, naypyidaw, New Delhi, senior general than shwe, state of mizoram, state peace, transnational crime, transport facility, vice chairman, vice president, xinhua