Hamas ready for a mutual cease-fire with IsraelFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 6:10 pm ICT by admin
Gaza, Feb 22 (Xinhua) The Palestinian Hamas movement is ready for a mutual cease-fire with Israel, its spokesman in Gaza Sami Abu Zuhri said Friday. “Hamas movement is ready to study any initiative that contributes in ending the Israeli aggression practices on the Palestinian people,” he said in a statement.
Abu Zuhri welcomed the call of European Parliament for Israel to end the eight-month-old siege of the Gaza Strip, and to end its daily military operations that cause casualties among Palestinian civilians.
“The problem is not with Hamas, the problem is with the occupation, its aggression and the siege imposed on our people in the Gaza Strip,” he said.
European Parliament had also called on President Mahmoud Abbas to resume dialogue with Hamas movement. Abu Zuhri said, “This position is a very important progress in the European position.”
After Hamas movement seized the Gaza Strip by force and ousted Abbas’ Fatah forces from the enclave, Abbas decided not to resume any dialogue until Hamas ends what he terms “its black coup on the Palestinian legitimacy”.
- Early Palestinian elections to be proposed - Oct 02, 2011
- Palestinian reconciliation unlikely in 2012: Hamas official - Mar 31, 2012
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Hamas rebuffs call for resuming Mideast peace talks - Aug 21, 2010
- Five Palestinians killed in Israeli airstrike - Oct 30, 2011
- Palestinian rivals prepare for Cairo summit - Nov 13, 2011
- Palestinians not optimistic about peace with new Israeli government - May 09, 2012
- Egyptian parliamentary delegation visits Gaza - Mar 29, 2012
- Hamas leader to attend NAM summit in Iran - Aug 25, 2012
- Palestinian's national unity government likely in ten days: official - May 28, 2011
- Palestine: Fatah, Hamas reach agreement on reconciliation - Apr 28, 2011
- Hamas, Fatah leaders to finalize reconciliation deal - Oct 13, 2011
- Israel-Palestine direct talks end in Egypt - Sep 14, 2010
- Hamas, Fatah to finalise unity government talks next week - Jun 15, 2011
- Palestinian militants fire rocket into Israel - Sep 04, 2010
Tags: casualties, cease fire, dialogue, enclave, european parliament, european position, fatah, gaza strip, hamas, israeli aggression, legitimacy, mahmoud abbas, military operations, palestinian civilians, palestinian hamas movement, parliament, president mahmoud abbas, sami abu zuhri, spokesman, xinhua