Hamas condemns bin Laden’s killingMay 2nd, 2011 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
Gaza City, May 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Hamas leader Ismail Haniya condemned Monday the killing of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in a special operation carried out by the US military in Pakistan.
“We condemn any killing of a holy warrior or of a Muslim and Arab person,” Haniya told journalists in Gaza.
“If the news is true, then we consider it a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and bloodshed against Arabs and Muslims,” he said.
Bin Laden, the face of global terrorism and mastermind of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the US, was killed in a raid on his compound in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad, outside Islamabad.
The operation was carried out by a small Special Forces team of US Navy Seals just before the dawn Monday.
- Hamas condemns Al Qaeda leader's killing - May 03, 2011
- No more excuse for Western invasion in Middle East: Iran - May 03, 2011
- US had right to kill bin Laden: Russia - May 12, 2011
- Hollywood plans movie on US hunt for Osama bin Laden - May 03, 2011
- Hamas calls on Palestinians to abduct Israelis - Apr 18, 2012
- You can 'kill' Osama for $325! - Aug 19, 2012
- US warship, Japanese oil tanker collide in Gulf - Aug 12, 2012
- Turkish air raid kills over 20 at Iraq border - Dec 29, 2011
- 'US to remain priority in Russian foreign policy' - Feb 22, 2012
- Al Qaeda behind Syrian blasts, says Russia - May 14, 2012
- Egyptians vote in presidential poll run-off - Jun 16, 2012
- Libyan air strike on Benghazi kills 26 - Mar 19, 2011
- Bahrain king pardons political prisoners - Feb 22, 2011
- Gaddafi fears Osama may take control of Libya - Mar 17, 2011
- Three women activists receive Nobel Peace Prize - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: 9 11 terrorist attacks, al qaeda, arabs, bloodshed, continuation, gaza city, global terrorism, hamas, hamas leader, holy warrior, ismail haniya, journalists, mastermind, muslim, muslims, oppression, osama bin laden, qaeda leader, ria novosti, special forces team