Hamas condemns Al Qaeda leader’s killingMay 3rd, 2011 - 4:46 am ICT by IANS
Gaza, May 3 (IANS/AKI) The leader of Gaza’s ruling Islamist group Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh has strongly condemned the killing of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, hailing him as “an Arab mujahadeen fighter.
Haniyeh said US special forces “murdered” bin Laden during a raid on his luxury fortified compound in Abbottabad, about 100 km northeast of Islamabad. Bin Laden was shot in the head during the 40 minute raid after offering resistance, according to US officials.
“The US operations in Pakistani territory are a continuation of America’s policy of committing atrocities,” Al-Jazeera quoted Haniyeh as saying.
“We condemn the murder of a fighter,” he said.
- Bin Laden's deputy lauds slain Al Qaeda leaders - May 21, 2010
- Hamas condemns bin Laden's killing - May 02, 2011
- Bin Laden's killing justified: NATO chief - May 05, 2011
- Woman journalist sues US, Italy over Osama bounty - Aug 04, 2012
- Italy terms Osama killing a 'great victory' - May 02, 2011
- Osama's seized mobile phone shows links to ISI - Jun 24, 2011
- Taliban create special unit to avenge Osama killing - May 05, 2011
- Osama's will forbids his children from joining Al Qaeda: Report - May 04, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban pledge revenge for Osama's death - May 02, 2011
- Biden says secrecy of Osama raid plans 'absolutely amazing' - May 04, 2011
- Al Qaeda confirms Osama's death - May 06, 2011
- Hamas leader to attend NAM summit in Iran - Aug 25, 2012
- After Osama, it should be Mullah Omar's turn: Italy (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif calls for independent probe of Osama killing - May 12, 2011
- Pakistan Taliban threaten US, Pak over Osama bin Laden's killing - May 02, 2011