Hamas chief says Israels holocaust on Gaza Strip has killed any chance of peaceJanuary 11th, 2009 - 12:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 10 (ANI): Damascus based Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal has vowed that Israel had squandered any chance of settlement and negotiation after Israel warned of escalation of its hostilities with the militant outfit.
Mashaal gave a fiery speech on the Arabic news channel Al-Jazeera condemning Israels attack on the Gaza Strip, describing it as a holocaust.
You have finished off the last chance and breath for settlement and negotiations, FOX News quoted Mashaal, as saying.
He called on Arabs to continue their protests to pressure their leaders and the international community.
We are living the hardest moments of the resistance now, we want another intifada in Palestine and on the Arab street, Mashaal added.
Meanwhile, Israel pounded rocket sites and tunnels on Saturday while its planes dropped leaflets warning of an escalation, and Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas predicted a waterfall of blood unless all parties adhere to the UNs call for a durable cease-fire.
Hamas fighters kept up attacks on southern Israel, launching 15 rockets. And with neither side ready to step down, the death toll in two weeks of fighting rose to more than 800 Palestinians, according to Palestinian medical officials, and 13 Israelis. (ANI)
- Palestinian militant groups reject new round of Israel talks - Aug 16, 2010
- Palestinian reconciliation unlikely in 2012: Hamas official - Mar 31, 2012
- Palestinian negotiators had secretly agreed partial Israel annexation - Jan 24, 2011
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Palestinians not optimistic about peace with new Israeli government - May 09, 2012
- Palestinian negotiators deny Al-Jazeera report on Mideast peace compromise - Jan 24, 2011
- US urges Palestinians, Israelis to end violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Palestinian rivals prepare for Cairo summit - Nov 13, 2011
- Hundreds of Palestinians celebrate unity deal - May 04, 2011
- Obama 'backed out of land promise to Palestinians' - Jan 25, 2011
- Palestinian armed groups vow to attack Israeli targets - Sep 03, 2010
- Abbas pledges to continue peace talks with Israel - Jan 23, 2012
- Egyptian parliamentary delegation visits Gaza - Mar 29, 2012
- Israel announces building plan, rejects preconditions - Aug 16, 2010
- Former U.S. President Carter calls for including Hamas in peace talks - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: al jazeera, arab street, arabic news, cease fire, damascus, death toll, escalation, fiery speech, fox news, gaza strip, hamas, hostilities, intifada, khaled mashaal, last chance, leader mahmoud abbas, mahmoud abbas, medical officials, palestinian authority, southern israel