Hairstylists vie for chance to do first lady Michelle Obamas coiffureDecember 23rd, 2008 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 23 (ANI): Although there are plenty of unanswered questions buzzing around the Obamas” impending arrival, one has hairdressers on the edge of their styling chairs Who will be chosen to do U.S. president-elect Michelle Obama’’s hair?
Barry Fletcher, Keith Harvey and are among the Washington, D.C. area hairstylists who hope to score a gig with first-lady-to-be Michelle Obama, reports the New York Daily News.
Hair salon owner Barry Fletcher sent Michelle a 17-minute DVD about himself while hairdresser Keith Harley uploaded his resume to the President-elects Web site.
The first lady typically invites beauticians to the White House, instead of venturing out for hair appointments,
Some of the region’’s black salon owners hope their experience with African-American hair could give them an edge over those who coifed the likes of Laura Bush or Hillary Clinton.
Fletcher, the 52-year-old owner of The Hair Palace Salon in Mitchellville, Md., cites his experience in international hairstyling challenges and working with actress Halle Berry and singer Mya, a D.C. native.
“I”m going to be doing her hair. This would pretty much validate all of my hard work and effort to get to a level where I could handle a powerful queen like the first lady,” Fletcher said.
Harley, of Keith Harley Hair & Scalp Clinic in Arlington, Va., said: “It would be the highlight of my career.(ANI)
- Callista Gingrich's hair cut and styling is the topic of a great debate - Jan 28, 2012
- Ritchie, best hairstylist on planet? - Aug 08, 2012
- Investigation underway after bullet hits White House window - Nov 16, 2011
- Three women shot in salon - Aug 21, 2011
- Meet US First Hairstylist - Mar 26, 2009
- A few tips to keep your hair healthy with age - Apr 28, 2010
- Italian hairstylist Ferretti opens salon in Delhi - Nov 05, 2011
- Michelle Obama to help break Guinness record for 'jumping jacks' - Oct 07, 2011
- White House gatecrashers Salahis' sari sells for $7K at auction - Oct 04, 2010
- Anthony treasures honey beer gifted by Michelle Obama - Jun 28, 2011
- First Lady Michelle Obama to make first solo official trip to Mexico - Mar 12, 2010
- NTSB launches investigation into incident involving Michelle Obama's plane - Apr 21, 2011
- Indian women should try messy, classic look: French hairstylist (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Mumbai to host two-day conference on beauty, wellness - Nov 22, 2011
- Security procedures for Michelle Obama tightened after aborted plane landing - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: actress halle berry, african american hair, coiffure, hair appointments, hairdresser, hairstylists, hillary clinton, impending arrival, keith harvey, laura bush, michelle obama, mitchellville md, new york daily news, new york dec, president elect, salon owner, salon owners, scalp clinic, singer mya, york daily news