Hacker group releases US bank’s e-mails’ after WikiLeaks rumoursMarch 14th, 2011 - 6:31 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar. 14 (ANI): A group called Anonymous last night released material relating to mortgages issued by a major US bank.
The release follows month of speculation that WikiLeaks has a cache of damning evidence comprising internal documents and memos from the Bank of America, The Telegraph reports.
The leak was apparently made by a former employee of Balboa Insurance, a subsidiary of Bank of America which provides mortgage and auto insurance for banks and home insurance for consumers.
He described how major insurance lenders outsource the tracking of loans to companies like Balboa, before making allegations of fraud.
The apparent leak contains personal e-mails, screen shots, statements and allegations from the former employee, who said he worked for the company for seven years.
But much of the information posted online appeared to have been rapidly removed, with many links leading to blank pages.
Ahead of the publication of the documents, a Bank of America spokesman said the documents were stolen by a former Balboa Insurance employee.
Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, has hinted that he is in the possession of emails from the hard-drive of a Bank of America executive’s computer dated in 2006.
He said the material would highlight “some flagrant violations, unethical practices” and that it could “take down a bank or two.”
Assange did not identify which US bank the material came from. (ANI)
- After diplomatic assault, WikiLeaks to 'take down a bank or two' - Nov 30, 2010
- Assange claims he has got secret files on Murdoch - Jan 13, 2011
- WikiLeaks releases 2.4 mn e-mails on Syria - Jul 05, 2012
- Julian Assange alleges that he has secret files on Murdoch - Jan 13, 2011
- WikiLeaks releases cables naming top secret sources - Aug 30, 2011
- Jeremy Renner is in talks with DreamWorks about taking up a role in WikiLeaks film - Jul 24, 2012
- US seeks to build case for conspiracy by WikiLeaks - Dec 16, 2010
- WikiLeaks suspends publishing - Oct 25, 2011
- WikiLeaks spurned NYT, but Guardian leaked State Department cables to it - Nov 30, 2010
- Another whistle-blower to rival WikiLeaks - Nov 05, 2010
- Britain threatening to take Assange by force: Ecuador - Aug 16, 2012
- WikiLeaks to auction its co-founder's stuff on eBay - Sep 17, 2011
- Assange must face court, says Jemima Khan - Jun 22, 2012
- Our values are those of US revolution: Assange - Jan 31, 2011
- Wikileaks losing 600,000 francs every week since first publication - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: allegations, apparent leak, auto insurance, balboa insurance, bank of america, flagrant violations, hacker group, hard drive, home insurance, internal documents, julian assange, major insurance, memos, rumours, screen shots, seven years, speculation, unethical practices, us bank, wikileaks