Gym tips for al Qaeda recruits to keep them fit for carrying out attacksApril 21st, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 21 (ANI): Recruits of terrorist outfit al Qaeda are getting tips from an online magazine to keep themselves fit for carrying out attacks by exercising in gym.
Rabble-rousing website Jihad Recollections has printed an exercise guide and diet alongside articles on guerrilla warfare. It warns disciples in English to avoid Western gyms like LA Fitness, as they’re “full” of “semi-naked women.”
The magazine aimed at followers of al-Qaeda offers advice on staying fit on the frontline. It suggests building strength for carrying “weapons and equipment” and striking enemies “lightning” fast.
The guide also warns “using weights is unrealistic” on the frontline. Men dressed in jihad-style outfits of white robe and headscarf pose for exercises in the magazine, The Sun reported.
In one, a man does stomach crunches as another holds his legs. In others, a man tries leg-strengthening lunges and stretches to touch his toes.
The monthly magazine rants: “The Mujahid (holy warrior) must learn to get in shape and build strength and to continue to do so wherever he is with little or no resources.
“Another reason being that the places which one can go to where weights and gyms are available are not Islamic environments and definitely not fit for the Mujahid in Allah’s cause.
“We find at these gyms such as LA Fitness that they are full of music, semi-naked women, free mixing and the danger of one showing off during a workout which would destroy your intention and action.”
The site advises followers to stretch before starting exercises, which include sit-ups, V-sits, shoulder bridges and squats. It recommends “at least 100-150 push-ups a day” to boost arm muscles.
The net magazine, which includes hate preachers’ quotes and reports on weapons, also gives diet advice. It says recruits should have protein-rich foods to build their body and sugar-rich snacks for energy. (ANI)
- Pakistanis plotted to bomb British army base using toy car - May 01, 2012
- New Internet magazine linked to al Qaeda seeks to lure Americans to jihad - May 02, 2009
- Boy sodomised, murdered (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Dissatisfied with fitness regime? Try a personal trainer - Oct 03, 2011
- Rihanna' revealing photoshoot angers music boss - Dec 23, 2009
- The most common myths about exercise - Nov 21, 2010
- Germans held in Britain with bomb-making manual - Jul 28, 2011
- Rihanna says 'leaked' sexy pics were from photobook - Feb 09, 2011
- Osama Bin Laden ringer-video attracting thousands of online hits - Mar 02, 2011
- Stewart 'really proud' of going topless - May 31, 2012
- Kendra Wilkinson Wants To Prove She Is Still Attractive Post Pregnancy! - Nov 11, 2010
- Mick Jagger dances to keep fit - Sep 25, 2011
- Jarawa women dance clip old, videographer will be held: Chidambaram - Jan 12, 2012
- Hathaway survives on hummus, radishes - Jun 20, 2012
- Glossy Al-Qaeda mag offers beauty tips with suicide bombing advice - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: arm muscles, attacks london, diet advice, exercise guide, guerrilla warfare, gyms, holy warrior, islamic environments, lunges, naked women, preachers, protein rich foods, push ups, rabble, recollections, squats, staying fit, stomach crunches, ups, white robe