Gunmen attack funeral procession in Mexican cityFebruary 17th, 2011 - 12:04 pm ICT by IANS
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico), Feb 17 (IANS/EFE) Gunmen opened fire on the funeral procession for a teenager killed earlier this week in the northern Mexican city of Chihuahua, wounding a police officer, police said.A group of armed men arrived at the cemetery Tuesday in two SUVs and opened fire on the funeral procession, forcing relatives and friends of the 17-year-old victim to flee with his body.
The teenager died Monday when gunmen opened fire on him and a friend as they were driving in his mother’s car.
The wounded officer was taken to a hospital, police spokesmen said.
In Ciudad Juarez, a border city in Chihuahua, two women were gunned down Tuesday in a shopping center parking lot, the state Attorney General’s Office said.
One body was found on a bench in front of a restaurant and the other body was inside the SUV the women were driving at the time of the attack.
This was the second killing of women this week in Ciudad Juarez, located across the Rio Grande from El Paso, Texas.
A mother and her two daughters were shot dead Monday night at a house in the southern section of Ciudad Juarez.
- 13 shot dead inside bar in Mexico - Apr 22, 2012
- Funeral home attacked with fire bombs in Mexico - Mar 02, 2011
- 4 killed during football game in Mexican city - Dec 23, 2010
- 5 killed in attack on Mexican bar - Apr 03, 2011
- Five bullet-riddled bodies found on Mexican highway - Dec 31, 2010
- Mexican city's lone police officer kidnapped - Dec 28, 2010
- Doctor shot dead in Mexican city - Dec 24, 2010
- Six mutilated bodies found in Mexico - Sep 12, 2011
- 14 die in drug-related violence in Mexico - Jun 28, 2010
- Six killed in Mexico violence - Apr 27, 2010
- Nine gunned down at Mexican nightclub - Feb 05, 2012
- Singer shot at during robbery in Mexican city - Feb 23, 2011
- Woman police chief flees Mexico after death threats - Mar 06, 2011
- 10 killed in bar shooting in Mexico - Apr 02, 2011
- Mexican women's rights activist shot at - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: armed men, bench, border city, chihuahua, ciudad juarez mexico, efe, el paso, funeral procession, gunmen attack, gunmen opened fire, monday night, parking lot, police officer, rio grande, shopping center, spokesmen, state attorney general, suvs, two daughters, two women