Gunman kills one, takes another hostage in German townJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:41 am ICT by IANS
Berlin, July 4 (IANS) At least one person was shot dead and another taken hostage in Germany after an unidentified gunman opened fire Wednesday morning in Karlsruhe, Xinhua reported.
According to local media reports, rampant shooting broke out at about 9 a.m. when two court officers carried out a forceful eviction of an apartment.
A number of other people on the site were also injured in the shooting, and the man under hostage could be one of the bailiffs, said a police source.
- Five dead in German hostage crisis (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Gunman kills five, self at US skating rink - Jul 24, 2011
- Three killed in shooting near US varsity (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Gunman shot dead, hostage rescued in Estonia (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Eight killed, one injured in Ohio shooting spree - Aug 08, 2011
- Gunman kills 4 at Minnesota workplace before shooting self - Sep 29, 2012
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- Obama denounces Sikh Gurudwara shooting - Aug 06, 2012
- Five shot dead by police in Chennai gunbattle - Feb 23, 2012
- 10 killed in US cinema shooting (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- 7 killed in shooting at US gurudwara - Aug 06, 2012
- Train derails in Germany, 50 hurt - Sep 21, 2011
- Russian woman loses fight to keep dogs instead of parents - Jul 29, 2011
- Man kills three in shooting rampage in US - Dec 17, 2011
- Gunman held in Finland shooting incident - May 26, 2012