Gunman kills mother, self at US hospitalSeptember 17th, 2010 - 7:09 am ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 17 (IANS) A 50-year-old gunman killed his mother and himself and also shot at a doctor at a hospital in Baltimore city in Maryland, US, police said.
Warren Davis was being briefed by a doctor about the condition of his mother, identified as Gene Davis, outside her room at the Johns Hopkins Hospital before he became “emotionally distraught”.
Davis pulled out a semi-automatic gun and fired a single gunshot at the doctor, injuring him with a wound in the “lower-chest, upper abdomen” area, Baltimore Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The identity of the doctor was not given because of the hospital’s privacy policies. He was undergoing surgery “for an injury that was not life-threatening” and is expected to recover, a statement said.
When police arrived at the scene, the gunman was seen brandishing the gun towards his mother. He was later found on the floor with what appeared to be a gunshot wound, and his mother was non-responsive, police said.
Police determined Davis and his mother were both dead, and they were treating the incident as a murder-suicide.
- Doctor Shot At John Hopkins Hospital - Sep 17, 2010
- Doctor shot at hospital in US - Sep 17, 2010
- Parking row leaves off-duty US cop dead - Oct 18, 2010
- Six die in suspected murder-suicide attack in southern Florida - Sep 27, 2010
- US investigating Sikh gurdwara shooting as domestic terrorism - Aug 06, 2012
- Russian official survives murder attempt - May 29, 2012
- Indian shot dead in US - Feb 24, 2012
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- US man held for shooting ill wife in hospital bed - Aug 06, 2012
- Two wounded in gurdwara shooting improve - Aug 10, 2012
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Guard at Bansal's house shoots himself accidentally - Aug 23, 2011
- Gunman kills four in US - Aug 30, 2010
- Doctor shoots family, kills self in US - Feb 29, 2012
- Five dead in German hostage crisis (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: automatic gun, baltimore city, baltimore police, gene davis, gunman, gunshot wound, johns hopkins hospital, lower chest, murder suicide, police commissioner, privacy policies, upper abdomen, xinhua, york sep