Gunman kills four in SpainDecember 16th, 2010 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
Barcelona, Dec 16 (IANS/EFE) A man armed with a rifle killed four people Wednesday in the northeastern Spanish province of Gerona. He was later arrested, police said.The massacre occurred around 7 a.m., when the suspect went to a bar in the town of La Canya and opened fire, killing a father and son who were doing construction work.
The suspect then drove to a bank in the neighboring town of Olot and killed the branch manager and a female employee.
Investigators theorise that the suspect may have been seeking revenge over a financial matter, sources told EFE.
Police launched a search for the armed man after the initial shooting, but they were unable to capture him before he committed the killings at the bank.
Information about the getaway vehicle and a description of the suspect provided by eyewitnesses led to his arrest as he drove around Olot, police said.
- Mob kills murder suspect in Brazil - May 16, 2012
- Two kidnappers lynched in Mexico - Feb 12, 2012
- Mexican involved in killing of 49 people arrested - Aug 04, 2012
- Former boxer murdered in Ecuador - Jul 16, 2012
- African immigrant girls face sexual mutilation threat - Feb 06, 2012
- Guard at Spanish nursing home confesses to 11 murders - Dec 01, 2010
- Police chase in Brazil ends with six suspects dead - Mar 27, 2012
- 5 shot dead during Colombian carnival - Feb 01, 2011
- Brazil arrests two men for plotting massacre - Mar 23, 2012
- Woman gunned down in church in Colombia - Aug 21, 2012
- Suspect in murder of Mexican ex-general arrested - Mar 03, 2012
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Mexico arrests drug trafficker wanted for 1,500 murders - Aug 01, 2011
- Seven killed in Colombia accident - Jan 08, 2011
- Man rapes daughter, sells her for $365 - Dec 12, 2011
Tags: armed man, bank information, construction work, efe, eyewitnesses, father and son, financial matter, gerona, getaway vehicle, gunman, investigators, killings, olot, revenge, spain barcelona, spanish province