Gunman held in Finland shooting incidentMay 26th, 2012 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Helsinki, May 26 (IANS) A man has been arrested in Finland on charges of killing one person and injuring eight early Saturday, Xinhua reported.
According to the Finnish Broadcasting Company, the shooting took place in the southern city of Hyvinkaa.
The gunman opened fire towards restaurants and shops from a building near a railway station in the city centre. An 18-year-old girl died and eight people were injured.
The gunman fled the scene after the shooting, but was apprehended soon.
- Man kills three in shooting rampage in US - Dec 17, 2011
- 4 injured in Karachi grenade attack - Nov 26, 2011
- Finland embassy staff leaves Syria - Mar 20, 2012
- Finnish shooting spree ends in suicide; six dead (Lead) - Dec 31, 2009
- Minor raped, thrown on rail line - Feb 25, 2012
- Three killed in shooting near US varsity (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Four dead in shopping centre shooting in Finland - Dec 31, 2009
- Finland better off within Eurozone: Finnish PM - Jul 16, 2012
- Recession possible in Finland: Official - Dec 16, 2011
- 14 killed, 50 wounded at Batman showing in US (Fourth Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Finns dig into malai kofta and masala chicken - Apr 03, 2011
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Finland's largest ever data leak uncovered - Nov 08, 2011
- 14 shot dead at US theatre screening Batman film (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Official shot dead in Pakistan's Quetta - Oct 08, 2011