Gujarat man kills son, heldOctober 18th, 2010 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
Surat, Oct 18 (IANS) A man who killed his 10-year-old son in a fit of depression over mounting debt and then cooked up a story of his son’s kidnap-cum-murder has been arrested in Gujarat’s Surat city, police said Monday.
According to police, Mukesh Markada (32) turned up at a city hospital Sunday with the body of his 10-year-old son, Yash, claiming that he had been killed by his kidnappers.
Mukesh told police that Yash, who studied in Class 4, had been kidnapped a day earlier for ransom.
He claimed the kidnappers demanded Rs.50 lakh. He said he established contact and paid them Rs.12 lakh but they delivered the boy to his car in a comatose condition.
Police doubted his story and questioned him. On Monday, he admitted killing his son.
According to police, Mukesh was under a debt of over Rs.50 lakh. In a fit of depression he decided to kill his son then commit suicide.
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012
- Five held for kidnapping, killing two boys - Oct 27, 2010
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Businessman held for kidnapping minor boy - Jul 07, 2011
- Man kidnapped in Delhi, police sceptical - Nov 23, 2011
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- Ex-soldier scripts kidnap of son for ransom - Jul 02, 2012
- Abductors demand Rs.20 lakh to release Bihar student - Jun 30, 2012
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery - Jul 26, 2012
- Kidnappers kill six-year-old - Mar 03, 2012
- Bollywood careers to make or break this Friday (IANS Preview) - May 08, 2012
- Four held for abducting Class 1 boy - Apr 29, 2011