Guitarists set world’s loudest recorded lesson with 120dB blastAugust 9th, 2010 - 5:01 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Aug 9 (ANI): In their record attempt at the weekend, Taylor Simpson, 16, and tutor Rimu Tahuaroa from the West Coast School of Rock pushed noise levels to an ear-splitting 120 decibels.
The world’s loudest recorded guitar lesson generated 120 decibels of sound when the pair played “Home Again” by Shihad in one of the school’s soundproof rooms.
Each extra decibel means the volume of the noise doubles.
The music teacher and his pupil had both earplugs and earmuffs for the attempt, but felt a little sick from the reverberations after the lesson.
“I think I’m going to be sick now. I feel like I’ve just been in a full-body high pressure shower,” Stuff.co.nz quoted Tahuaroa as saying.
“It was crazy, everything was going vvv vvv vvv, like vibrating the whole time,” said Taylor.
Tahuaroa said he is now prepared to defend the record in the future.
“If it ticks all the right boxes then we have set a record but if not, at the very least we have set the New Zealand record,” he said. (ANI)
- Now, meet the shrimp that makes more noise than a jumbo jet! - Mar 03, 2011
- Cat wins Guinness record for loudest purr - May 22, 2011
- Is Smokey the loudest cat in the world with a 92-decibel purr? - Feb 22, 2011
- World's quietest room absorbs all sound - Apr 04, 2012
- IIT experts to help cut noise near Delhi Airport - Sep 21, 2011
- Sound from MP3 players eclipses environmental noise - Dec 22, 2011
- Squeals of delight, 'n' screams of protests - May 19, 2012
- Popular toys could damage hearing of children - Dec 19, 2011
- Willow Smith behind in school lessons because of pop career - Dec 13, 2010
- Peter Andre has kung-fu ambition - Jan 24, 2012
- Louis Tomlinson going deaf in one ear - Aug 01, 2012
- Sharapova claims grunting title during Round One at Wimbledon from de Brito! - Jun 23, 2009
- Why some people can block out noise during sleep - Aug 10, 2010
- Maths graduates in India to teach British children - Sep 10, 2010
- 'Noisy sex' Brit woman escapes jail term - Jan 23, 2010
Tags: boxes, decibel, earmuffs, earplugs, guitar lesson, music teacher, noise levels, pupil, record attempt, reverberations, school of rock, shihad, soundproof rooms, tutor, vvv, wellington, west coast school, whole time