Granting amnesty to Benazir a ‘grave’ mistake: Pervaiz ElahiNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:53 am ICT by admin
Regarding Bhutto’s accusation that he was behind the Karachi blasts, Elahi said it was unfortunate that Bhutto didn’t learn any lesson from her exile and still resorted to same old dirty tricks of accusing opponents.
Bhutto accused me of the Karachi blasts as revenge. She also wrote a letter to the president apprehending that her life was in danger. During negotiations, such accusations must be avoided, as negations and serious allegations cannot go together, he told ARY TV.
“This shows Bhutto is not sincere regarding the talks and only wants to be granted amnesty. Her agenda of weakening and isolating the president and posing herself as his replacement has become clear now,” he said.
About former premier Nawaz Sharif’s re-exile, he said Nawaz opted for a comfortable life in Jeddah and London, adding that party workers had refused to turn up to welcome Sharif on September 10, Elahi said.
Sharif kept denying for seven years that there was a deal and before his return to Pakistan he admitted the existence of such a deal. This provoked his supporters, who refused to come out and welcome him, he added. (ANI)
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani has no option but to write letter: Nawaz - Feb 11, 2012
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistan parliament passes resolution supporting Gilani (Night Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistani PM urged to implement apex court's NRO verdict - Jun 27, 2012
- Gilani reaches court for contempt hearing - Feb 13, 2012
- Sharif refused to quit politics in spite of 'death threats from dictator': Pervaiz Rasheed - Nov 21, 2010
- Nawaz untrustworthy, entire PML-N leadership double-faced: PML-Q leader - Dec 05, 2010
- Apex court issues show-cause notice to Pakistani PM - Aug 08, 2012
- "Apologetic" Musharraf blames 'misleading' Chaudhry brothers for NRO fiasco - Oct 07, 2010
- Pakistan PM has committed contempt, says court (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Will resign if convicted: Gilani - Feb 12, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Third Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistani PM faces SC, seeks time to write Swiss letter (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: accusation, accusing, amnesty, ary tv, benazir, bhutto, blasts, corruption charges, dirty tricks, exile, grave mistake, jeddah, karachi, legal procedures, letter to the president, national reconciliation, nawaz sharif, nro, provoked, serious allegations