Grab a free Obama bobblehead at ‘Baracklyn Cyclones’ baseball nightJune 20th, 2009 - 5:08 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 20 (ANI): Minor league baseball team The Brooklyn Cyclones will officially be renamed The Baracklyn Cyclones for a night in honour of US President Barack Obama.
The first 2,500 fans will receive free Obama bobbleheads as part of the tribute at the game scheduled for June 23 in Coney Island.
The bobble features Obama in a Baracklyn Cyclones jersey, sporting the number 44 to signify his place as the 44th President of the United States while flashing a thumbs up sign, reports the New York Daily News.
The team would also offer universal health care in the form of free Band-Aids to the first 500 fans.
Fans will also get discount coupons and American flags while stepping out of KeySpan Park on Surf Ave.
While standing-room tickets are up for grabs, all reserved seats for the game have already run out. (ANI)
- Coffee Mate giving away 100,000 free coupons - Feb 05, 2011
- Christina Aguilera invited to sing do-over of anthem - Feb 09, 2011
- Mermaid Parade To Paint Coney Island With Colors - Jun 19, 2010
- Legendary "Shot Heard 'Round The World" Hitter Bobby Thompson Dies Aged 86 - Aug 18, 2010
- Brooklyn teen makes 'world's largest' bobblehead - Sep 07, 2010
- Cellphone coupon to update public about Anna's programme - Mar 25, 2012
- 'You the Man' app to keep drunk drivers off the road - Sep 08, 2010
- US store offers special discount exclusively for same-sex moms - Apr 23, 2011
- Cuba, US to resume friendly baseball games - Mar 21, 2012
- Hurricane Irene slams US, millions brace for storm's fury (Lead) - Aug 27, 2011
- Anna Benson's Baseball Star Husband Kris Benson Announces Retirement - Jan 14, 2011
- Bizarre 'dead mice into humans' hobby is a rage in Brooklyn - Feb 14, 2011
- Coney Island Prepares For Its Annual Mermaid Parade - Jun 19, 2010
- NYC Wishes To Charge Rent From The Homeless Working Families - Apr 15, 2010
- Eateries named 'Obama Fried Chicken' has New Yorkers protesting - Apr 04, 2009
Tags: 44th president, american flags, band aids, barack obama, bobble, bobblehead, bobbleheads, brooklyn cyclones, coney island, discount coupons, grabs, keyspan, minor league baseball, minor league baseball team, new york daily news, number 44, president of the united states, surf ave, universal health care, york daily news