Gordon Brown loathes his fat cartoonsJanuary 25th, 2009 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 25 (ANI): British Prime Minister Gordon Brown doesnt like being portrayed as fat in cartoon strips.
Cartoonists have revealed that Brown repeatedly complains to them in person that they portray him as overweight.
Speaking at a new exhibition of sketches and caricatures chronicling Brown’’s first 18 months in office, UK’’s leading political cartoonists have revealed how the Prime Minister takes offence at his bulky portrayal in cartoons.
“I met Brown briefly once, and he said: ”You draw me far too fat. I”m not that fat.” But then I heard exactly the same story from Martin Rawson [of the Guardian], so it’’s obviously his stock line of conversation with cartoonists, The Telegraph quoted Dave Brown, of The Independent, as saying.
Telegraph cartoonist Nick Garland said: “All of us draw Brown as hulking and big. In fact he should take that as a compliment. He is a heavyweight figure, a presence.
“That’’s preferable to the way someone like William Hague was constantly portrayed - as an ever shrinking gnome.
“I”m always rather touched when politicians get so sensitive about the way we draw them. But really they”ve just got to put up with it.” (ANI)
- India, Spain share a laugh over cartoons (With Images) - Jun 24, 2012
- I never criticised Commonwealth Games: Advani - Sep 26, 2010
- Mario Miranda, a chronicler of his times (Obituary) - Dec 11, 2011
- Indian cartoonist jailed on sedition charges - Sep 11, 2012
- Protest belies long tradition of cartoons in India (Comment) - May 18, 2012
- No one quite like Mario, say Goan artists - Dec 12, 2011
- At 85, cartoonist Mario Miranda exits life's canvas - Dec 11, 2011
- Michelle Obama portrayed as overweight in cartoon attacking her obesity campaign - Feb 16, 2011
- Chronicle of a PM sketched out - in 123 dimensions - Jan 01, 2010
- Caricatures of cartoonists displayed at Bangalore exhibition - Jan 17, 2010
- Press Council chief slams sedition charge against cartoonist - Sep 10, 2012
- Lagerfeld only wants designers who draw - Feb 24, 2011
- Caricatures show Agra's civic plight - Nov 28, 2010
- Shankar made the Ambedkar-Nehru cartoon in 1950s - May 11, 2012
- MSNBC's Daryl Cagle's Mexican Flag Cartoon Incites Controversy - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: briefly, british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, caricatures, cartoon strips, cartoonist, compliment, gnome, gordon brown, london jan, martin rawson, overweight, political cartoonists, politicians, portrayal, prime minister gordon brown, sketches, stock line, telegraph, william hague