Google’s billionaire founders add a fourth jet to their fleetNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:07 am ICT by admin
Now, a fourth plane will join the Boeing 767-200 and two Gulfstream Vs already in the Google hangar.
According to the New York Times and The Times, a Boeing 757, which is large by corporate jet standards, will join the Google fleet.
Under an agreement between Nasa and H211 LLC, a company controlled by Google’s senior executives, the search firm always intended to park four planes at the airfield, but the leasing arrangements of the 757 had not been agreed at the time details of the rest of the fleet emerged.
The new plane is due to begin flights in November, documents seen by the paper suggest.
A spokesman for Google would not comment about the new plane, and H211 LLC, which counts the Google chief executive, Eric Schmidt, among its principals, was not reachable.
Google, whose offices are a seven-minute drive from the airfield, already has a broad research agreement with NASA, and in August, the agency’s scientists used one of the company’s planes to observe a meteor shower.
Local residents expressed opposition to the idea that NASA open up its runways as a means of helping pay for facilities. (ANI)
- Chinese airlines to buy 40 Boeing planes - Aug 07, 2012
- For private jets, corporate India is wind beneath wings - Apr 28, 2011
- American Airlines To Check Boeing 757 Fleet And Start New Service - Dec 14, 2010
- SpiceJet to add new destinations, aircraft - Mar 15, 2011
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- Sir Peter Jackson's $68m 'flying hotel' - Jul 23, 2010
- 'India to buy more than 16 C-17 airlifters' - Jun 14, 2011
- Boeing's first 787 Dreamliner set to fly - Aug 08, 2011
- Radical triangular plane to take to sky in future - Aug 08, 2012
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Air India's new MRO coming up in Nagpur - Sep 04, 2012
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner to land at IGI airport Wednesday - Jul 12, 2011
- Futuristic 'sleek jets' could be new travel option for fliers - Mar 06, 2011
- AI plans to use Dreamliner on domestic routes to cut cost - May 06, 2012
Tags: boeing 757, boeing 767, corporate jet, eric schmidt, fleet, google, gulfstream, leasing arrangements, meteor shower, minute drive, moffett field, nasa, new plane, new york times, planes, private aircraft, research agreement, runways, senior executives, time details