Google CEO’s absence causes concernJuly 22nd, 2012 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 22 (IANS) Google CEO Larry Page was again absent from a company meeting that raised concerns about his health and how it will affect the internet giant, a media report said.
Page missed the company’s quarterly earnings conference call Thursday. He has also not been at any of Google’s public events in the last month and skipped the annual stockholders meeting, the Daily Mail reported.
The company only said he has been advised not to use his voice but insist he continues to run the company.
Sources at the company told the Daily Mail it was not a serious health issue and that due to chronically weak vocal cords, Page has been told not to talk in order to recuperate fully.
Chief Business Officer Nikesh Arora said: “Larry has lost his voice, and we said that means he cannot do any public speaking engagements at the time.”
“But he’s here and continues to run the company and is involved in any strategic decisions we’re making,” he said.
Page was last seen at a press conference at the company’s headquarters in New York May 21.
- Adele cancels US tour - Oct 05, 2011
- Google announces management changes - Jan 21, 2011
- Google to include personal email in web search results - Aug 09, 2012
- Eric Schmidt Steps Down As Google CEO - Jan 21, 2011
- New video shows Apple CEO suffering from pain - Feb 22, 2011
- Now, Google tracking our each online move? - Mar 29, 2012
- New book reveals Google's fallout with Apple and exit from China - Apr 10, 2011
- Elephants can sing, says study - Aug 03, 2012
- Google India offers free website to small, medium businesses - Nov 02, 2011
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Google search to answer queries now - Mar 15, 2012
- Google best place to work in US: Fortune - Jan 20, 2012
- Google axes five products - Jul 04, 2012
- Margaret Sutcliffe says that 'Larry the cat' at Number 10 is hers - Feb 24, 2011
- Google to close down Google Buzz - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: absence, ceo larry, chief business officer, company meeting, company sources, conference call, daily mail, google, health issue, internet giant, larry page, london, quarterly earnings conference, serious health, speaking engagements, stockholders, strategic decisions, vocal cords