Google, Apple, Microsoft now more trusted than traditional mediaJune 23rd, 2010 - 4:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 23 (ANI): Google, Apple and Microsoft are now more trusted than traditional news media, a study has found.
Google is regarded as one of the most trusted companies despite the current rows over privacy. Facebook, which was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, also ranked high for trust, especially among young people.
According to The Telegraph, American researchers also found that people now trusted the technology heavyweights more than social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
According to the new study, the majority of people rated online privacy as one of their major concerns when using the internet after both Google and Facebook were hit by rows over people’s private details being disclosed on the web.
The study, of more than 2100 people, found nearly half they trusted the big three technology firms Apple, Google and Microsoft” completely” or “a lot”.
This was compared to eight per cent trusting Twitter and 13 per cent saying they had more faith in Facebook.
But all of the companies rated higher than traditional media, the research concluded.
One in five young adults, aged between 18 and 29, said they had higher trust levels in Facebook.
Meanwhile, 15 per cent of young people said they trusted Twitter.
The traditional media received little sympathy from the public with only eight percent of all adults and six percent of young adults saying they trusted them. (ANI)
- Info that kids share on Facebook a matter of concern: Kiwi watchdog - May 03, 2010
- Oz teens 'too blase' about online legal dangers: Study - Mar 20, 2011
- Facebook Passes Google as Most-Viewed Site in US - Sep 12, 2010
- 'One third of young women check Facebook before loo in the morning' - Jul 09, 2010
- Should Mark Zuckerberg Be Man of Year? - Dec 16, 2010
- Online addiction turning youth as lonely as elderly - Aug 15, 2011
- Facebook founder Zuckerberg is Time's Person of Year (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Facebook loses friends over privacy settings - May 15, 2010
- People change names on Facebook 'to escape evidence of wild youth' - Nov 09, 2010
- Apple now most valuable global brand - May 09, 2011
- Facebook CEO upgrades relationship status - Married (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Google suffers major blow in Nortel patent loss - Jul 04, 2011
- Google's eye in sky could catch you with pants down - Jun 11, 2012
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Facebook founder to meet Barack Obama - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: american researchers, apple microsoft, facebook, faith, google, heavyweights, june 23, mark zuckerberg, microsoft, news media, private details, social networking sites, sympathy, technology firms, telegraph, trust levels, twitter, young adults