Golfer Greg Norman’s sister calls his ex-wife Evert ‘dominating’July 19th, 2010 - 2:07 pm ICT by ANI
Canberra, July 19 (ANI): After almost a year of divorce between tennis star Chris Evert and golfer Greg Norman, the latter’s sister, Janis, has said she knew from the day they tied the knot that the couple were doomed to split one day.
“She became very dominating and controlling, and, it became very apparent she was treating my brother badly,” Janis said.
“We all saw it, including his friends. We all agreed that she did not like the fact that Greg had a higher profile, and that she was now taking a back seat,” she added.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Norman’s whirlwind marriage to Chris Evert collapsed in 2009 after being together for 15 months.
The ex-couple, in their 50s, were joined by about 100 guests in a no-expenses spared wedding in the Bahamas in June 2008. They reportedly spent upwards of wo million dollars on their wedding in the Bahamas.
Norman’s marriage to Evert followed his 2006 divorce from his first wife, Laura Andrassy, after 25 years of marriage. She also said that a subsequent public attack on her brother by Andrassy took its toll.
However, now she wants to protect her brother from his possible defamation by his second ex-wife and expressed that the normally private family is tired of Norman’s ex-wives speaking publicly about their time with him.
“First we had to deal with Laura and her bitter attack on Greg and now most recently Chrissie has decided to follow suit,” Janis says.
Meanwhile, there are speculations that Norman is dating an interior designer Kirsten Kutner, to which his family has approved calling her a beautiful woman inside out. (ANI)
- Oz golfer Greg Norman ties the knot for third time - Nov 13, 2010
- Husband of Greg Norman's new lover troubled by split - Apr 24, 2010
- Greg Norman's ex-wives 'hurt over his new relationship' - May 10, 2010
- Greg Norman's former wives speak out on his latest engagement - Oct 19, 2010
- Norman finds new love after divorcing Evert - Apr 19, 2010
- Norman, Evert marriage was doomed from start: Ex-wife - Oct 04, 2009
- Norman and Evert separate after 15 months of marriage - Oct 03, 2009
- Evert's ex hubby says her separation from Norman is `horrible' - Oct 05, 2009
- `Evert's presence could have helped me to win more tournaments,' says Norman - Jul 20, 2009
- Norman, Evert were struggling to live together, say their friends - Oct 06, 2009
- Chris Evert still 'hurt, angry and shamed' over split with Greg Norman - Jul 05, 2010
- Greg Norman set to marry Oz designer after getting mum's approval - Oct 18, 2010
- Norman, Evert officially 'divorced in secret' - Jan 12, 2010
- Golfer Norman says Evert has restored his freedom - Mar 01, 2009
- Golfer Greg Normans ex-wife wants money earned from his wedding to Evert - Aug 07, 2008
Tags: 15 months, andrassy, back seat, beautiful woman, canberra, chris evert, chrissie, defamation, first wife, golfer greg norman, greg norman, interior designer, kutner, morning herald, private family, speculations, sydney morning herald, tennis star, wedding in the bahamas, wife laura