Goering described as `Fat Boy in Scots prosecutor’’s secret lettersMarch 20th, 2009 - 8:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.20 (ANI): An extraordinary archive of letters written by Britain’’s chief prosecutor at the Nuremberg Trials, describes Hitler’’s second-in-command, Hermann Goering, as a “fat boy”.
Those letters will go on show for the first time today.
The notes were penned by Edinburgh-born law chief David Maxwell Fyfe to his wife, Sylvia, during the Nazi commander-in-chief’’s trial for war crimes in 1946.
They describe how Goering, Hitler’’s closest ally and the head of the Luftwaffe, was brought to justice and pour fresh light on the evidence against him, reports The Scotsman.
They also provide a fascinating insight into the trials of co-defendants Albert Speer, architect of the Third Reich, and Karl Doenitz, president of Nazi Germany following Hitler’’s death.
Goering who murdered tens of thousands of Jews was found guilty of all charges and sentenced to death, but took his own life the night before he was due to be hanged.
His interrogation entered legal folklore after he got the better of American chief prosecutor Robert H Jackson but crumbled under Fyfe’’s persistent questioning. (ANI)
- Was Hitler's secret flying saucer going to attack London & New York? - Nov 18, 2010
- Hitler ordered creation of Nazi UFOs to destroy London, New York - Apr 26, 2011
- Hitler's Viagra made from semen, young bulls - Feb 06, 2010
- Hitler once worshipped as Vishnu in elite Kolkata homes: Historian - Jun 07, 2010
- Hitler tried to build flying saucers to attack London, New York - Apr 26, 2011
- British Legion's shameful visit to Hitler revealed after 75 years - Nov 01, 2010
- Exhibition showing Nazi-era Berlin reopened - Aug 24, 2010
- Holocaust denier David Irving sets up site to sell Hitler''s hair, bones - Mar 08, 2009
- The mutt who mimicked the Nazi salute and mocked Hitler - Jan 08, 2011
- German prosecutors probe Heil Hitler gnome in Nuremberg - Jul 17, 2009
- MI5 file reveals German WWII plan to invade Britain - Aug 26, 2010
- Remains of Hitler's deputy to be destroyed - Jul 21, 2011
- Hitler's signed autobiography to go on sale - Apr 11, 2011
- 'Nazi minister wished to stay in Britain post-retirement' - Oct 03, 2010
- Swedish royals in fresh scandal after Nazi past of Queen's father revealed - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: albert speer architect, american chief, chief david, chief prosecutor, commander in chief, david maxwell, hermann goering, interrogation, karl doenitz, luftwaffe, nazi germany, nuremberg trials, robert h jackson, scotsman, secret letters, third reich, those letters, time today, war crimes, wife sylvia