Ginobili rates US, Spain as top basketball teamsJuly 30th, 2008 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Nanjing (Southeast China), July 30 (Xinhua) Emanuel Ginobili, guard of the reigning Olympic champion Argentina, has rated United States and Spain as best basketball teams participating in the Beijing Olympics. Ginobili said that his team would face stiff competition in defending the title.
“Every game is difficult,” he said at a news briefing .
Argentina, which finished fourth at the 2006 World Championships, are considered as favourites for gold medal in Beijing.
With head coach Sergio Hernandez being able to keep together the core of his team and players breaking into NBA in recent years, Argentina has been working to better the teamwork to beat the Americans and European powers.
Ginobli is the most well known of Argentina’s NBA players. His success with the San Antonio Spurs has established him as one of the world’s premier players.
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- Pau Gasol replaces Nadal as Spanish flagbearer - Jul 21, 2012
- U.S. favourites to win Olympic basketball gold - Jun 19, 2008
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- Federer, Azarenka top seeds at London Olympics - Jul 24, 2012
- Spain names basketball squad for London Olympics - Jun 20, 2012
- Brazil win Olympic warm-up basketball tournament - Jul 13, 2012
- US eye 30 athletics medals at London Olympics - Jun 27, 2012
- Spurs All-Star Manu Ginobili Turns "Batman" On Halloween Night Game - Nov 02, 2009
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- Michael Jordan sues Chinese firm - Feb 23, 2012
- Chris Bosh's 911 call for dying masseuse released - Jun 13, 2012
- Yi Jianlian to carry flag for China in London - Jul 26, 2012
- NBA lockout continues - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: argentina, basketball teams, beijing olympics, emanuel ginobili, favourites, ginobli, gold medal, head coach, nanjing, nba players, news briefing, olympic champion, olympics, san antonio spurs, southeast china, spain, stiff competition, teamwork, world championships, xinhua