Giggs bamboozled by Rooney’s suspension for swearingApril 8th, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 8 (ANI): Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs has admitted that he is “bamboozled” by Wayne Rooney’s suspension for swearing.
The Daily mail quoted Giggs, 37, as saying: “I’m not surprised by the furore surrounding it because of the profile Wayne has got, but a two-game ban? I’m surprised by that. It had just never been done before [a player being charged for swearing]. There was no precedent and that’s why we were bamboozled by it.”
“Obviously it is a blow. You want your big players flying at this point of the season because it is big game after big game. You want your special players scoring and Wayne is in good goal scoring form. He is a special player,” Giggs added.
Following the five-game touchline ban for manager Sir Alex Ferguson, Rooney’s suspension will create the kind of siege mentality at Old Trafford on which United thrive, according to their longest-serving player.
Ferguson has proved a master at circling the wagons over the years in times of adversity and his teams have usually fired the last shots.
“Maybe times of adversity do make us stronger,” said Giggs. (ANI)
- Mancini happy Man City will not face '200 percent' Rooney - Apr 08, 2011
- Ferguson to reconsider Rooney's midfield role - Mar 18, 2011
- Fergie praises Giggs for shattering Chelsea's Champions League dreams - Apr 13, 2011
- Fulham expecting Man U backlash in Premier League clash: Hughes - Apr 09, 2011
- Rooney ban: Fergie claims Man U is the victim - Apr 09, 2011
- Chelsea fears Rooney's rage: Lampard - Apr 06, 2011
- Rooney blames West Ham supporters 'personal' abuse for his TV camera rant - Apr 06, 2011
- Fergie, Man U board to fight Roo's two-match FA ban - Apr 05, 2011
- McClaren tells Fergie that he can't tame Rooney - Apr 08, 2011
- Ferguson's wife saw Rooney's FA ban coming - Apr 10, 2011
- 'Victimized' Rooney will be spurred on by two-match FA ban: Ferguson - Apr 10, 2011
- Euro 2012: Rooney to play against Ukraine, says coach - Jun 16, 2012
- Rooney among modern-day's genuine superstars: Giggs - Feb 04, 2010
- Man U veteran Giggs asks Rooney to toughen up - Oct 01, 2010
- Ferguson gets 100-mn pounds to buy new players - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,