Giant turquoise flying rabbit balloon sparks major police alert in UK!December 31st, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 31 (ANI): A giant turquoise flying rabbit led to a major police alert after it broke free from its quay and crashed into a bridge over the River Thames.
After a local resident dialled 999 claiming a man had been riding the rabbit and could be seriously injured, a helicopter, paramedics, fire crews and
several police patrols rushed to Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
The alarm was raised by a woman living near Walton Bridge. She had told the cops that she had spotted the colourful creature drifting past her house and
could have sworn it was carrying a passenger on its back.
A spokesman for Surrey Police revealed that many emergency crews arrived at the scene and discovered the peculiar flying object was actually a deflated
helium balloon in the shape of a rabbit.
“It was turquoise in colour and was entangled in the trees alongside Walton-on-Thames bridge,” The Telegraph quoted a spokesman, as saying.
“Fortunately there was no-one with the balloon which appears to have broken free from its moorings and taken off. We are trying to trace the owner,” the
spokesman said. (ANI)
- Sun defence editor arrested - Mar 02, 2012
- Ambulance knocks down injured biker - Aug 18, 2011
- Couple calls ambulance to save cat - Aug 19, 2011
- Baby in pram falls into Thames - Sep 02, 2012
- British police pay one mn pounds for customer surveys - May 15, 2011
- Gay couple 'spark off Heathrow terror alert' through hoax call - Mar 12, 2011
- Flying shark stuns NZ pilot - Jan 04, 2012
- UK paramedics criticised for posting pictures of daft antics on Facebook - Dec 21, 2010
- Scientists recreate floating house from movie 'Up!' - Mar 08, 2011
- She made 800 hoax calls to cops, now faces jail - Dec 30, 2011
- Indian-origin mum killed autistic son fearing that UK social services would take him away - Nov 16, 2010
- Weather plays spoilsport for tandem chair balloon - Jul 16, 2012
- Helium shortage sends prices sky high - Aug 27, 2012
- Aerostat the star attraction of CWG opening ceremony - Oct 03, 2010
- Woman jailed for burning fiance` to death - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: bridge over the river, cops, emergency crews, fire crews, helicopter, helium balloon, moorings, paramedics, police patrols, quay, rabbit, river thames, spokesman, surrey police, thames bridge, thames surrey, turquoise, uk london, walton bridge, walton on thames