Ghana football coach Buchwald to earn $30,000 monthly (Football snippets)June 19th, 2008 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Lagos, June 19 (Xinhua) Ghana’s new coach Guido Buchwald of Germany would earn $30,000 monthly, according to the official Ghana News Agency. The Ghana Football Association (GFA) headhunted for Frenchman Claude Le Roy’s successor in a move that drew names including Klaus Toppmoller and former trainer Ralph Zumdick.
It was learnt that the German will not earn a penny more than what Le Roy used to do. Coach Le Roy was reportedly also earning around $30,000, the highest ever paid for a trainer in the history of Ghana football.
This is contrary to media reports that most supposed licensed “A” coaches that the GFA had contacted demanded not less than $50,000. Le Roy earned twice what the players’ took for every win. The GFA has concluded contractual terms with the coach who is expected to arrive in Ghana later in the week ahead of the Black Stars World Cup and African Cup of Nations joint qualifier with Gabon slated for the Ohene Djan Stadium, Accra Sunday.
Roma signs Norwegian Riise from Liverpool
Rome: Italian Serie A club Roma signed Norwegian international defender John Arne Riise from Liverpool for five million euros ($7.74 million).
Riise has signed a four-year contract, a statement on the club’s web-site said. The 27-year-old has over 300 caps for Liverpool after moving to Anfield from Monaco in 2001.
Sevilla signs Spaniard defender Navarro
Madrid: Sevilla signed Spaniard defender Fernando Navarro from Real Mallorca on a five-year contract, the Spanish Primera Liga soccer club said.
The left back, who turns 26 next week, came up through the Barcelona youth ranks before joining Mallorca in 2005. Spanish media reported the player would be moving for a fee of around five million euros ($7.74 million). Navarro is Sevilla’s second signing of the close season after Argentine midfielder Lautaro Acosta.
- Ghana sacks Serbian football coach - Mar 20, 2012
- Caparros commits to another season with Mallorca - May 20, 2012
- Ghana names Maxwell Konadu as assistant coach - May 04, 2012
- Ghana third best African side on FIFA ranking - Sep 06, 2012
- SAFA apologizes to Ghana over age-cheating claims - Apr 27, 2012
- Ghana football association dismisses player gambling rumour - Feb 18, 2012
- Ghana to provide bonuses for African Cup title - Jan 11, 2012
- Navas and Monreal back in Spain's squad for England, Costa Rica friendlies - Nov 08, 2011
- Sevilla unveil goalkeeper Diego Lopez - May 28, 2012
- Ghana to play China in international friendly - Jul 21, 2012
- Ghana to decide football's coach fate - Feb 23, 2012
- Eto'o scores brace in Inter Milan's rally against Roma - Aug 22, 2010
- Asamoah Gyan quits Ghana's national team - Feb 19, 2012
- Ghana star Gyan announces return to national football team - Jul 12, 2012
- Real Madrid to face Sevilla in Spain's Primera Liga - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: african cup of nations, black stars, claude le roy, club roma, contractual terms, football coach, ghana football association, ghana football association gfa, ghana news agency, guido buchwald, history of ghana, italian serie, john arne riise, klaus toppmoller, madrid sevilla, real mallorca, spanish media, spanish primera liga, stars world, youth ranks