Get ready to experience ‘enhanced pat downs’ at the airportsNovember 1st, 2010 - 7:17 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As the threat of another major terror attack looms for the world, security agencies are taking more steps to ensure that they stay ahead of the terrorists. As a consequence, the Transportation Security Administration in the United States has come up with a new regulation that requires that all passengers are subjected to what is called “enhanced pat-downs” before they can fly.
TSA agents are now mandated to thoroughly search passengers before they are allowed to board a plane. The new pat down requires that TSA agents run their hands thoroughly around the person. Well if that will inconvenience you then you have the option of going through the newer forms of body scanners that are fitted into the airports. Bear in mind though that the newer scanners render you stark naked.
The new pat down however is more intrusive and officers are at a liberty to run their hands in deeper parts of your body. The “enhanced pat-down” will no doubt be faced with more controversy than the full body scanner. More traditions and religions do not allow men to run their hands around women and so there need to be dedicated check points for men and women.
- Man strips at Va. Airport checkpoint in protest - Jan 05, 2011
- Full-body scanner row: US denies checking all travellers - Nov 23, 2010
- Miss USA speaks about her ordeal at the hands of a TSA agent - Apr 28, 2011
- TSA Issues Video Message On Pat Down Technique - Nov 21, 2010
- Security checks at US airports to get more 'touchy' - Oct 29, 2010
- SNL pokes fun at the TSA security procedures with their skit - Nov 23, 2010
- US man strips to underwear in protest of airport security screening - Nov 25, 2010
- US woman claims airport pat down was more 'fondling' than 'frisking' - Mar 28, 2011
- California district attorney warns against inappropriate pat-downs - Nov 18, 2010
- TSA pat-down rules 'handing terrorists a victory,' says privacy expert - Nov 28, 2010
- Barack Obama Asserts That The TSA's Pat-Downs Are Invasive But Necessary To Attain Security - Nov 21, 2010
- US seeking privacy-security balance over airport security: Robert Gibbs - Nov 23, 2010
- New security checks at US airports like 'foreplay' - Oct 30, 2010
- Cancer survivor forced to show prosthetic boob during US airport pat-down - Nov 20, 2010
- TSA in the dock for pat down on 6-year-old girl - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: airports, body scanner, body scanners, consequence, controversy, fly, inconvenience, major terror, men and women, mind though that, no doubt, nov 1, religions, security agencies, terror attack, terrorists, traditions, transportation security administration, united states, world security