Get ready to dig into a foot-long cheeseburger!July 17th, 2010 - 3:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 17 (ANI): A US fast food chain is testing what could be burger lovers’ wildest fantasy- a foot-long cheeseburger.
With three meat patties and three slices of cheese, the cheeseburger sold as a foot-long sandwich is being tested at 50 Carl’s Jr. restaurants in Southern California and 50 Hardee’s units in Indiana.
The same chain had introduced the world to the 1,400-calorie Monster Burger and the Monster Breakfast Sandwich, with 47 grams of fat.
The move comes at a time fast-food chains are focused on concocting more items intriguingly low in price but large in size.
The Carl’s foot-long fetches 4 dollars without lettuce and tomatoes and 4.50 dollars with.
The foot-long burger idea was hatched two months ago from a product development chef at Carl’s, says Brad Haley, marketing chief.
The chain is especially eager to create products that appeal to its core customers- young men ages 18 to 24.
“Obviously, the foot-long sandwich has been very successful at Subway. But we decided to do it the Carl’s way,” USA Today quoted Haley as saying.
The sandwich has 850 calories with 20 grams of saturated fat. It’s served on a white sub roll, sliced in half and wrapped in butcher paper.
If it’s a hit in testing, it could be sold at all Carl’s and Hardee’s - sister chains in different regions of the country - within three to six months, said Haley.
The move, Hume says, is clearly a response to the wild success that Subway has had with its 5 dollar subs.
“Subway is taking ’share of stomach’ from the burger places, too. I’d rather have a charbroiled, foot-long cheeseburger than a cold, foot-long deli sandwich any day,” said Hume. (ANI)
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Hardee's shapes up turkey burger - Mar 22, 2011
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Burger King launches '1160-calorie Meat Monster' in Japan - Apr 13, 2011
- Burger King's NY Pizza Burger is waistline buster at 2,520 calories - Aug 19, 2010
- Augusta eatery offering 'Tiger Homewrecker' burger - Apr 11, 2011
- Taste the 1,500-calorie 'latest food atrocity' burger to believe it! - Jun 23, 2010
- Burger King to launch 'Pizza Burger' with 2,520-calorie! - Aug 23, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger To Be Introduced At The Wisconsin State Fair - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- Meals offered by fast food chains as healthy options 'not so healthy' - Sep 11, 2010
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- KFC 'Double Down' Makes America Fat, Cries Anti-Obesity Campaigners - May 21, 2010
- Your popular snack could be making you ill: Study - Mar 30, 2012
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: The Calorie Behemoth - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: breakfast sandwich, butcher paper, cheeseburger, core customers, deli sandwich, different regions, fast food chains, food chain, hardee s, hume, july 17, lettuce, meat patties, men ages, monster burger, restaurants in southern california, saturated fat, subs, usa today, wildest fantasy