Germany enter Euro 2008 finalJune 26th, 2008 - 5:32 am ICT by IANS
Basel (Switzerland), June 26 (DPA) Philipp Lahm scored a 90th-minute winner for Germany to beat Turkey 3-2 and reach the final of the European Championships in a semi-final thriller in Basel Wednesday. A goal four minutes from time from Semih Senturk had levelled the scoring after Germany had come from behind to take a 2-1 lead.
But Lahm popped up on the end of a Thomas Hitzlsperger pass to score a dramatic winner to give three-time winners Germany a sixth final appearance.
Ugur Boral opened the scoring for Turkey when he managed to get the ball past keeper Jens Lehmann and over in the 22nd minute.
Bastian Schweinsteiger levelled four minutes later when he got got on the end of a low cross from the left from Lukas Podolski.
Miroslav Klose then headed Germany in front in the 79th minute after a mistake from veretan keeper Rustu Recber who misjudged a cross from Lahm.
- Germany enter Euro 2008 finals after beating Turkey (Lead) - Jun 26, 2008
- Turkey get a bitter taste of their own late-goal medicine - Jun 26, 2008
- Germany beats Turkey to enter Euro 2008 final - Jun 26, 2008
- Euro 2012: Germany down Dutch 2-1 on Gomez double - Jun 14, 2012
- Schweinsteiger to miss Germany's World Cup qualifiers - Aug 31, 2012
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Germany classy in win; Spain win late; Mexico trip up Italy - Jun 04, 2010
- Schweinsteiger on spot for Germany after Podolski miss - Jun 20, 2010
- Klose winner gives Germany best of Euro 2012 starts - Sep 04, 2010
- A young German team is one of the favourites (Group D team profile) - May 29, 2010
- Germany demolish Argentina 4-0 to reach semifinals - Jul 03, 2010
- Germany beat Uruguay 3-2 to take third place (Lead) - Jul 11, 2010
- Germany's Gomez breaks deadlock for win over Portugal (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- FIFA World Cup: Germany thrash Australia 4-0 - Jun 14, 2010