Germany, Abu Dhabi to enhance media cooperationApril 17th, 2010 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, April 17 (IANS/WAM) Germany and Abu Dhabi Saturday agreed to enhance their cooperation to improve the standards of the electronic media in the UAE.
A German delegation headed by Chief of the State Chancellery and State Minister Johannes Beermann met Abu Dhabi’s National Media Council (NMC) Director General Ibrahim Al Abed and discussed ways to boost media cooperation between the two sides.
The meeting discussed cooperation between NMC and media institutions in Saxony State and ways to benefit from German experience to improve the quality of radio and television broadcasts in the emirate.
The two sides were keen to further develop cooperation, particularly in the training of reporters and photographers, Beermann said.
The visiting delegation was also briefed about the role of NMC in streamlining sthe media sector, work mechanisms and coordination between public and private media houses in the UAE, as well as media training, performance development and relations with media institutions worldwide.
- Italian press official visits UAE - Dec 10, 2011
- Australian company to train UAE ministry staff - May 13, 2011
- UAE, China seek to boost trade ties - May 25, 2012
- UAE to hold defence expo - Feb 10, 2011
- UAE, China to cooperate in fighting crime - Oct 09, 2010
- UAE firms to shut on Prophet's birthday Feb 17 - Feb 07, 2011
- UAE, Brazil seek closer trade ties - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- UAE, Algeria to hold bilateral talks Tuesday - Mar 27, 2012
- Abu Dhabi judiciary offers support to Libyan Supreme Court - Jan 22, 2012
- UAE, Cyprus review bilateral ties - Jul 04, 2012
- UAE, Iraqi army chiefs meet - Apr 08, 2012
- UAE, Germany to collaborate on security - Mar 12, 2012
- UAE, Finland discuss bilateral relations - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: director general, electronic media, emirate, german delegation, german experience, hv, media houses, media institutions, media sector, nmc, performance development, private media, saxony state, sector work, state chancellery, state minister, television broadcasts, uae, vm, wam