German terrorist killed in US drone strike in Pak linked to 9/11 plotOctober 16th, 2010 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 16 (ANI): A German terrorist killed in a US drone missile last week in Pakistan was in contact with 9/11 collaborators just days before the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Centre in New York, according to court records.
Three of the eight drone victims were part of a group of jihadists who left Hamburg in early 2009 for military training in Pakistan and to fight on behalf of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, a terrorist organization with ties to al Qaeda.
Ramzi Binalshibh, who allegedly helped to coordinate and finance the 9/11 attacks, placed a 34-second phone call on September 5, 2001, to the home of Naamen Meziche, who Pakistani officials say was one of eight people killed by the drone.
That phone call and alleged contacts that followed represent a possible link between the attacks in the US nine years ago and recent suspected terrorist plots to hit European cities, which the October 5 drone strike was intended to disrupt, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The eldest, Meziche, a 40-year-old French citizen of Algerian descent and longtime German resident, had been under investigation for nearly nine years in connection with the 9/11 plot, court records showed.
German authorities began investigating Meziche in late 2001 after they discovered telephone and email communications he maintained with suspected members of al Qaeda. (ANI)
- 9/11 Pakistani mastermind, 4 others sent for trial - Apr 05, 2012
- US now sees home-grown terrorism as biggest threat - Sep 11, 2010
- Pakistan finds documents linked to 9/11: NYT - Oct 30, 2009
- Pakistani mastermind of 9/11 charged again - Jun 01, 2011
- West worried about Mumbai-style attack - Sep 30, 2010
- No 9/11 accused has gone to the gallows - Sep 10, 2011
- Drone attacks in Pakistan 'linked' to Europe terror plot - Oct 06, 2010
- US charges five 9/11 terror suspects - Apr 05, 2012
- Osama plotted attack on 10th anniversary of 9/11 - Jul 15, 2011
- Al Qaeda operations chief killed in Pakistan - Sep 16, 2011
- Alleged Texas jihad plot underscores lone wolf terrorist threat inside US - Feb 26, 2011
- Al Qaeda weaker but still committed: US intelligence chiefs - Sep 14, 2011
- 'US drone attack surge in Pak connected to suspected Europe terror plot': Haqqani - Oct 06, 2010
- Four jailed in Denmark for Mumbai-style terror plot - Jun 04, 2012
- Is Al Qaeda focusing on small-scale attacks? - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: 9 11 attacks, collaborators, court records, drone, email communications, european cities, french citizen, german authorities, german resident, islamic movement of uzbekistan, jihadists, military training, nine years, pakistani officials, phone call, ramzi binalshibh, terrorist organization, terrorist plots, wall street journal, world trade centre