German man detained for biting police officerApril 8th, 2009 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, April 8 (RIA Novosti) The 24-year-old owner of a pit bull in Germany was detained after biting a police officer on the hip, the ddp news agency reported Wednesday.
The incident occurred after residents in the western German town of Aachen called police saying they were frightened that a pit bull was walking around their houses without a leash and a muzzle.
When police arrived, they saw that the dog had already ripped up two footballs and parents had taken children playing in the park away from the dog. The owner observed his pet’s actions without intervening.
When asked to put a muzzle on the pit bull, the man started yelling at the officer and bit her on the hip. The attacker was then taken to a police station, while the dog was caught by staff from an animal shelter.
- Lennox the dog put to sleep in Northern Ireland - Jul 12, 2012
- Russian woman loses fight to keep dogs instead of parents - Jul 29, 2011
- Hilary Swank adopts dog - Sep 06, 2011
- 3 Year-Old Girl Suffers Multiple Injury From Bull Terrier Attack - Apr 19, 2010
- Dog survives after being stabbed 21 times - Nov 16, 2011
- Five Year Old Girl Attacked By American Bulldog - May 31, 2010
- Dog mauls four-year-old girl's face - May 28, 2011
- Norway killer Breivik revisits site of shooting rampage - Aug 15, 2011
- China outraged as owner drops dog from 18th floor - Aug 10, 2012
- Why is Samantha Ronson Sad? - Aug 31, 2010
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Mistaken For Coyote, Dog Released Into Wild - Jul 26, 2010
- Your dog at office could be a great stress buster - Apr 01, 2012
- Agra battles stray dogs - Jan 22, 2012
- Mexico dog owners urged to dispose pets' excreta - Aug 16, 2010