German Chancellor Merkel to visit India next yearDecember 12th, 2010 - 1:12 am ICT by IANS
By Sarwar Kashani
Berlin, Dec 11 (IANS) German Chancellor Angela Merkel Saturday said she would visit India next year after accepting an invitation from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was on a short visit to Berlin.”I will visit India next year,” Merkel told reporters in a joint press conference with Manmohan Singh.
She said the prime minister had invited her and she would be in Delhi in 2011 to mark 60 years of India-Germany diplomatic ties.
Manmohan Singh said that Germany will organize a Year of Germany in India beginning September 2011, and India will organize the Days of India in Germany during 2012-13.
“I have invited Chancellor Merkel to visit India next year, and I look forward to hosting her in Delhi,” he said.
(Sarwar Kashani can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Merkel praises Jairam Ramesh's role at Cancun - Dec 12, 2010
- India, Germany set ambitious trade target - Dec 12, 2010
- PM leaves Berlin for India - Dec 12, 2010
- India, Germany exploring civil nuclear cooperation - Dec 12, 2010
- India to host Year of Germany in 2011 to mark 60th anniversary of diplomatic ties - Dec 12, 2010
- First Indo-German strategic dialogue during Merkel visit - May 27, 2011
- Relax export control laws, India tells Germany - Dec 12, 2010
- Pakistan should know that terrorism is not a means to an end: Merkel - Dec 12, 2010
- India-European Union set to expand business ties - Dec 10, 2010
- No trust deficit between India, Germany on high technology transfer: Merkel - Dec 12, 2010
- India, Germany to discuss IMF reforms, defence deal - May 30, 2011
- Terror for political goals unacceptable, Germany to Pakistan - Dec 12, 2010
- PM returns to India after Europe tour - Dec 12, 2010
- 'We want to ensure that 26/11 is not repeated,' says Merkel - Dec 12, 2010
- Iran's no delays Merkel's India-bound plane, Germany upset (Second Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: angela merkel, berlin, chancellor angela merkel, diplomatic ties, german chancellor angela merkel, german chancellor merkel, germany, India, invitation, kashani, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sarwar