Geri Halliwell to give speech at Commons on ZambiaMay 1st, 2009 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 1 (IANS) Former Spice Girls singer Geri Halliwell is to give a speech in the House of Commons in Britain.
The diva, who has been an ambassador for the United Nations for more than a decade has just returned from a fact-finding trip to Zambia and Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s wife Sarah Brown has invited her to talk about her experiences there next week to an audience of 200 people, reports the Mirror online.
“It’s a little bit nerve-wracking! I mean, I’m just a girl from Watford from quite humble beginnings! But I have to remind myself it’s not about me, it’s about everything I saw and heard in Zambia, it’s for those women,” she said.
Halliwell was in Zambia in her capacity as a UN goodwill ambassador and maternal health care campaigner.
- Halliwell's emotional Olympic performance - Aug 21, 2012
- Halliwell hopes to convince Posh for Olympics gig - Jan 31, 2011
- Geri Halliwell launches her own beachwear range - Dec 30, 2010
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice Girls rock at closing ceremony - Aug 13, 2012
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Spice Girls may perform at Olympic closing ceremony - Jul 20, 2012
- Victoria back with Spice Girls for musical launch - Jun 25, 2012
- Olympic rehearsals made Halliwell's birthday bizarre - Aug 28, 2012
- Halliwell to design own range of bikinis - Jan 03, 2011
- Spice Girls may turn 'Viva Forever!' into movie - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: campaigner, decade, diva, geri halliwell, goodwill ambassador, gordon brown, house of commons, humble beginnings, little bit, maternal health care, mirror, nerve, prime minister gordon brown, sarah brown, spice girls, those women, united nations, watford, wife sarah, zambia