Gerald Ford considered Bill Clinton a sick sex addictNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:04 am ICT by admin
“He’s sick - he’s got an addiction. He needs treatment,” Ford told DeFrank in 1999, post Clinton’s infamous sex scandals with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
Ford gave several interviews to the Washington Bureau Chief of the Daily News, before his death in December 2006, on condition that De Frank would publish it only after his death.
The Fords, who met the Clintons in 1993, also stood by their claim of offering help to Bill.
“You know, there’s treatment for that kind of addiction,” www.smh.com.au quoted Ford’s wife Betty, as saying to DeFrank.
“A lot of men have gone through the treatment with a lot of success. But he won’t do it, because he’s in denial,” she added.
Gerald Ford said that at the height of the Lewinsky affair, he offered his help to him, if he agreed to admit that he was lying, which Clinton refused to agree to.
Ford was stunned by Clinton’s lack of remorse and said, “It’s a character flaw.”
Though Ford described Hillary as an iron-willed lady, he was unsure that America was ready for a “lady president” before his death.
However, he considered former New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani as the best candidate against Hillary for the 2008 presidential polls.
“That would be a great contest between Hillary and Rudy,” he said. “I think Giuliani is an electrifying guy. He’s a great speaker. He’s had a good record of winning in New York City, and he can be tough.” (ANI)
- Former US first lady Betty Ford dead - Jul 09, 2011
- Bill Clinton had 'mentality of an 18-year-old' when it came to sex - Aug 20, 2010
- Monica Lewinsky 'had her eyes on Clinton's aide before him' - Aug 17, 2010
- PBS to air documentary about Clinton Lewinsky affair - Feb 15, 2012
- Lady Gaga to lead new year's countdown - Dec 29, 2011
- Lewinsky scene cut from Clinton movie 'The Special Relationship' - May 25, 2010
- 'White House Doctor' reveals secrets of Bill Clinton sex scandal - Jun 22, 2010
- Michelle Obama to attend Betty Ford's funeral - Jul 12, 2011
- Bush to unveil his portrait in White House - May 19, 2012
- Bill Clinton documentary to be aired on PBS - Feb 20, 2012
- Monica Lewinsky is back, says Bill Clinton lied under oath - Dec 18, 2009
- I sent a grand total of 2 e-mails as president, says Bill Clinton - Feb 17, 2011
- Monica Lewinsky 'still in love with Bill Clinton' - Mar 11, 2011
- Ex- US President Bill Clinton Wept Over Monica Lewinsky - Oct 08, 2010
- Monica Lewinsky scandal: Brown apologizes for mocking Clinton - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: 2008 presidential polls, addiction, character flaw, death in december, former new york mayor, hillary clinton, intern monica lewinsky, lady president, lewinsky affair, mayor rudolph giuligerald ford, new york mayor, sex addict, sex scandals, sick sex, smh, washington bureau chief, wife betty