Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns Fined With $175 For Car Crash In DecemberFebruary 9th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Kevin Burns, 46, the mayor of Geneva, has proved himself to be a bad driver several times, as he attempted to drive by himself. On December 11, last year, he crashed into another car, after the latter halted at a traffic signal in Kane County. The after effect of this accident still prevails and the mayor has been fined with $175. Judge Joseph Grady has also ordered to put the mayor under six months of supervision, after his conviction.
On December 11, Kevin Burns collided into another car at the 800 block in West State Street, as he did not press the brake on time, even after seeing the red signal. As a result, the car with which he collided, shoved into the one that was halted in front. Although no one was killed or injured after this accident, it had put the mayor into trouble. He was taken to a hospital for the sake of precaution, and then he even had to appear in the court for a short time. Later on, he told to the legal authorities that he had no clue why he could not press the brake on time. He also told to a reputed source that he considers himself lucky as neither he, nor anybody else were injured after this accident.
Kevin Burns called this mild injury a “bumps and bruises and, of course, a bruised ego”. He also said that he remembers nothing about what happened before or after the accident. Nevertheless, the Kane County judge has now given his verdict, and one can only hope that during and after the period of supervision, he finally learns the importance of driving safely.
- Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns fined for causing crash - Feb 09, 2011
- Report: Snail had caused fatal crash at a traffic light in UK - Jan 31, 2011
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- Trucker whose texting caused woman's death jailed - Dec 12, 2011
- German consulate officer detained for injuring four Pak policemen released - Feb 26, 2011
- Teenager Killed As Slug Causes Traffic Light Failure - Jan 31, 2011
- Colt Brennan's Car Accident Lands Him In Hospital - Nov 20, 2010
- Two killed in Taiwan road accident - May 08, 2012
- Harrisburg Mayor Donald 'Buzzy' Faulker charged with DUI, city vehicle keys taken - Aug 26, 2010
- Three monks killed in Jaipur car accident - Jun 28, 2012
- Oz-Indian "dangerous" driver jailed over crash leading to death of unborn baby - Nov 16, 2010
- Mayor Donald "Buzzy" Faulkner's City Vehicle Driving Privileges Withdrawn - Aug 26, 2010
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: bumps and bruises, car crash, clue, conviction, county judge, ego, geneva, kane county, kar, legal authorities, meena, mild injury, precaution, red signal, sake, several times, short time, six months, supervision, traffic signal