Gazza wants to reunite with his ex-wifeMarch 25th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar. 25 (ANI): British footballer Paul Gascoigne has vowed to heal his rift with ex-wife Sheryl.
Hopefully, in time, I will get reunited with them. I want to be, and in time may be with Sheryl. Who knows? We might become friends again, Gazza said with tears in his eyes.
Gazza, who had earlier branded Sheryl a vulture” for pocketing 50,000 pounds to appear in a TV documentary, said he wanted his former wife to enjoy her life.
I want her to enjoy her life and in time me and the kids can see each other. The situation with Sheryl and kids, I want that repaired. I want it repaired and its only me that can repair that, the Daily Star quoted him, as saying.
England legend told Fern Britton and Phillip Schofield on ITV1s This Morning about his battle with booze, drugs and depression on his loved ones.
Gazza, 41, was last year sectioned and dragged from a hotel bath by police after taking a cocktail of sleeping pills and alcohol.
Medics had to restart his heart three times in rehab.
However, Gazza said his biggest regret was taking cocaine.
If I hadnt taken cocaine I wouldve been there for my kids. I wouldnt have been sectioned in a mental home.
Gazza said he had been back on medication for four months but sometimes it made him slur his words.
It takes about six months for it to really get working. But slowly and gradually I take my time. Im enjoying life. Its nice to wake up sober. (ANI)
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Ex-wife says Gazza wanted sex 10 times a day - Oct 11, 2009
- Gazzas son reveals his terror of living with him - Jan 06, 2009
- Gazza rubbishes ex-wife's '10 times a day' sex claims - Oct 12, 2009
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Gazza slams ex-wife Sheryl for "using him" - Oct 18, 2009
- Gazza brands ex-wife Sheryl a wicked vulture - Feb 25, 2009
- Gascoigne's ex-wife gets undisclosed libel damages from UK paper - Dec 18, 2010
- Ex-wife says 'she's public enemy No. 1 for revealing Gazza's abuse' - Oct 14, 2009
- Zoe Saldana desperate for kids - Apr 29, 2012
- Longoria evolved with 'Desperate Housewives' character - May 09, 2012
- Gazzas ex-wife reveals why she turned her back on him forever - Jan 04, 2009
- Gazza believes ex-wife is aiming to kill him - Jun 16, 2009
- Gazza is off alcohol, keen to unite with family - Feb 21, 2009
- Is Sheryl Crow dating Doyle Bramhall II? - May 09, 2011
Tags: alcohol, booze, cocaine, cocktail, daily star, depression, enjoying life, fern britton, footballer, four months, hotel bath, medication, medics, paul gascoigne, rehab, six months, sleeping pills, three times, tv documentary, vulture