Gay man with HIV endangers lives of eight AustraliansDecember 13th, 2010 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Dec 13 (IANS) A 43-year-old Australian man, affected with HIV, has been accused of endangering the lives of eight other men with whom he had unprotected sex, a media report said Monday.Stuart James McDonald, from Adelaide, was on trial in the South Australian Supreme Court, after he failed to tell the eight men he had HIV, Australian news agency AAP reported.
A jury Monday found him guilty on two of the eight counts of endangering lives.
All eight men tested positive for HIV after having receptive anal sex with McDonald in 2005, the court was told.
McDonald met four of his victims via a website, three at Adelaide’s Veale Gardens and one at a gay boarding house in the city.
Some of the men believed McDonald was using a condom - only to realise later he had failed to do so or had taken it off during sex, the court was told.
- Unprotected anal sex ups HIV risk 20-fold - May 26, 2010
- New York City Health Department survey shows only 23% of women use a condom during anal sex - Apr 21, 2010
- Unprotected anal sex most common among Asian women: Study - Apr 23, 2010
- Cambridge U students clueless about unsafe sex? - Nov 05, 2011
- 25 percent of young Mexicans do not use condoms - Dec 03, 2010
- HIV spreading among China's elderly: 80-year-old infected - Aug 06, 2011
- CSD500: Erection inducing condoms developed - May 10, 2011
- Sheffield striker jailed for five years for rape - Apr 21, 2012
- China to have 1.2m HIV-positive people by the end of 2015 - Dec 04, 2010
- 70 percent single British women have unprotected sex - May 31, 2012
- China to have 1.2 mn HIV-affected people by 2015 - Dec 04, 2010
- Children of a lesser god... on Kolkata's streets - Dec 28, 2011
- Brit man jailed for infecting girlfriend with HIV - Sep 01, 2010
- Two Australian cadets charged for Skype sex scandal - Apr 29, 2011
- US organ recipient contracts HIV from donor after post-screening - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: aap, adelaide, anal sex, australian man, australian news, australians, boarding house, gay man, hiv, james mcdonald, news agency, south australian supreme court, sydney, unprotected sex, using a condom, veale gardens