Gastric band helped Brit mum lose 16st and gain 7lb bundle of joyNovember 29th, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): When Lisa Rea had a gastric band fitted to lose weight, doctors warned that she would never have a brother or sister for little daughter Katie. But she found herself pregnant after fertility treatment.
The 37-year-old piled on the weight after she was diagnosed at the age of 18 with polycystic ovaries, a condition that affects fertility.
At 26 stone, tax clerk Lisa, of Worsley, near Manchester, tried for years to have a baby.
Lisa was so overweight the little girl would shelter from the rain under her mum’s 44JJ bust.
Then four years ago tax clerk Lisa, of Worsley, near Manchester, had the drastic slimming operation.
The band round her stomach meant she could only eat and drink minute amounts, and doctors told her that the tiny amounts of food Lisa had to eat would not be enough to nourish a baby in the womb.
However, after losing a whopping 16 stone, Lisa is now a mum to a boy.
“I really thought I would never see this day, it is unbelievable,” News of the World quoted Lisa as saying.
“The gastric bypass was the best fertility treatment I could have hoped for - I got pregnant within weeks,” she added. (ANI)
- Brit woman's 'cyst' was actually a baby boy - Dec 04, 2010
- Infertile Brit woman's shock as suspected ulcer turns out to be baby - Jul 17, 2010
- Mel B new face of Jenny Craig - Oct 12, 2011
- Danielle Lloyd expecting Jamie O'Hara's baby - Mar 04, 2010
- Device that 'makes you feel full' may end your weight woes - Oct 16, 2010
- Charlotte Church on her stunning new slim look - Mar 21, 2010
- Former world's fattest man to sue NHS for his weight gain - Jan 08, 2011
- Junk food lowering Delhi girls' puberty age: Doctors - Nov 01, 2011
- Fat lady seeks government aid for medical bill - Mar 27, 2012
- World's heaviest man became 'foodie' to heal broken heart - Jan 04, 2011
- I can't be as big as Jessica: Snooki - Apr 28, 2012
- Dannii Minogue denies extreme diet claims - Oct 06, 2010
- Mel B doesn't care about pregnancy weight - Mar 23, 2011
- Hula hooping in the nude can help you lose lots of weight - Jan 01, 2011
- Newest way to lose weight: Think yourself thin - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: 44jj, baby in the womb, brother, bundle of joy, bust, daughter katie, fertility treatment, gastric bypass, little daughter, little girl, london, news of the world, polycystic ovaries, rain, rea, stomach, tiny amounts, unbelievable news, weight doctors, worsley