Gas leakage kills two in UkraineAugust 18th, 2012 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
Kiev, Aug 17 (IANS) At least two people were killed and three hospitalised at a Ukrainian steel plant Friday following a gas leakage, said authorities.
The accident happened around 10 a.m. at the Alchevsk steel plant in Lugansk region, when blast furnace gas leaked from a pipe, poisoning five workers, Xinhua quoted the Emergencies Ministry as saying in a statement.
Two individuals died at the site while three injured were being treated in the intensive care unit at a local hospital, it said.
- 27 fall ill after gas leak at Durgapur Steel Plant - Jul 15, 2010
- Gas leak at Durgapur steel plant, 27 taken ill (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- 30 fall ill due to China gas leak - Nov 23, 2010
- 14 ill as gas leaks in Chinese plant - Feb 23, 2012
- 8 fall ill after gas leak at Orissa steel plant - Jan 03, 2010
- Gas leak kills seven in China - Jan 05, 2010
- Chinese steel plant accident toll rises to 12 - Oct 06, 2011
- Four die from cyanide poisoning in China - Jun 10, 2012
- 15 killed in fire at Vizag Steel Plant (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Toxic gas leakage kills two in China - Apr 19, 2012
- Toll in Ukrainian mine accidents climbs to 37 - Jul 31, 2011
- Death toll mounts in Vizag steel plant blast - Jun 14, 2012
- Four killed in gas leak near Mumbai - Sep 21, 2011
- 34 fall ill in China gas leak - Aug 05, 2010