Gas leak in China kills sevenAugust 19th, 2011 - 1:39 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 19 (IANS) At least seven workers were killed in a coal mine gas leak in southwest China’s Guizhou province Thursday, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred at about 3.30 p.m. at the Feitian coal mine in Zhijin county, an official stated.
Sixteen miners were lifted above ground, but two died. Five others died en route to hospital, the official added.
The number of miners working underground at the time of accident could not be known till last reports.
- 11 trapped in China coal mine - Apr 27, 2012
- Six dead in central China coal mine gas leak - Nov 16, 2011
- 19 killed in China coal mine blast (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- 20 dead in China coal mine gas leak - Nov 10, 2011
- 13 die in China coal mine blast - Mar 12, 2011
- Toll reaches 28 in China coal mine gas leak - Nov 12, 2011
- China mine explosion toll climbs to 19 - Aug 30, 2012
- Six killed in China mine blast - Feb 15, 2012
- Struggle to rescue 22 trapped miners in China - Nov 11, 2011
- Gas leak kills 8 in SW China coal mine - Mar 28, 2011
- Four dead in China mine gas blast - Aug 28, 2012
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- Seven trapped Chinese miners found alive - Nov 19, 2011
- China coal mine accident toll reaches 30 - Nov 13, 2011
- 16 trapped in China coal mine - Jul 06, 2012