Gainesville Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 5 InjuredOctober 5th, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Gainesville, Oct 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Yesterday the Gainesville shooting saw two people dead, including the gunman and five injured after a series of shooting in and around the whole city, the law enforcement officials told a reputed media source in a conference. Cpl. Tscharna Senn said that the suspect Clifford Miller Jr. died in a self inflicted gunshot after the rampage. The gunman reportedly shot six people of Gainesville and Alachua County.
Cpl. Tscharna Senn said that one of the six people is dead and the remaining five are treated for their injuries at the hospital. The police said that their injuries range from “minor to serious”. One of the sticking feature of the gunman was that he shot all the adult males and the law enforcement officials said that they are still investigating if there was any motive behind the rampage. The police said that they were reported about the shooting around 4 p.m. The University of Florida spokeswoman, Janine Sikes said that the shooting do not seem to have any connection to the university. However, it was locked down following the incident.
Police Cpl. Tscharna Senn told a reputed media source that the police does not have any idea about the shooting as it appears to be random. Gainesville Police Capt. Ed Book told the media outlets that the suspect was found with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head in a red Chevrolet truck. The family and neighbors of the gunman said that he killed his father but the police is still tight lipped about the victim’s name. Alachua County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Steve Maynard told that the shooter was targeting some specific people. In his interview he said that the police do not know the specific reason for the shooting but the gunman went to some “specific locations”.
- US pastor who vowed to burn Quran billed $180,000 - Sep 20, 2010
- Three killed in shooting near US varsity (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Two wounded in gurdwara shooting improve - Aug 10, 2012
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- Gunman kills four in US - Aug 30, 2010
- Gurdwara gunman shot himself in head: FBI - Aug 09, 2012
- Kentucky Shooting: Stanley Neace goes on killing spree - Sep 12, 2010
- 10 killed, 18 injured in Florida highway pileups - Jan 30, 2012
- Gurdwara shooter acted alone: FBI - Aug 09, 2012
- Gunman opens fire at Thai Navy base, killing 2 - Sep 14, 2011
- New York gunman kills one, injures 10; shot dead (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Five dead in German hostage crisis (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Disney Town Celebration Witnesses Second Violent Death Within A Week - Dec 04, 2010
- Gurdwara chief braveheart who went down fighting - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: adult males, alachua county, chevrolet truck, clifford miller, county sheriff, gina gomez, gunman, gunshot, law enforcement officials, media outlets, media source, miller jr, oct 5, office spokesman, police capt, rampage, red chevrolet, senn, sikes, university of florida